ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Johnson released

Many undrafted free agents are released before training camp. They didn't see what they wanted to in rookie camp and mini camps.

So not necessarily due to lack of performance. CJ will make it somewhere. Surprised he wasn't a medium draft pick.

There was nothing about him that made him a mid round draft pick. He was too small to play defensive end and too slow to play linebacker. If he spent his entire career at Ole Miss learning and becoming a better linebacker he may have made it but i doubt he is ever a starter in the NFL.

There was nothing about him that made him a mid round draft pick. He was too small to play defensive end and too slow to play linebacker. If he spent his entire career at Ole Miss learning and becoming a better linebacker he may have made it but i doubt he is ever a starter in the NFL.
I can only assume my beliefs are true based on watching Ole Miss ball games the past 20 years. And that's everything I post-"just seems to me. . ." kinda stuff. CJ seemed to be involved in every tackle the defense made. So I'm assuming much like I do with Hilton that he is pro material. Truly appreciate your posts, pratt, as you set the record straight.

They expected him to go early but that first season back after breaking the ankle and the surgery (2014) he didn't look like much of an NFL talent. Last year he was solid at LB but simply not enough time at the position to evaluate his worth at the next level. He will find somewhere that is going to give him a chance but he is going to have to impress quickly if he is going to get the opportunity to stay.

They expected him to go early but that first season back after breaking the ankle and the surgery (2014) he didn't look like much of an NFL talent. Last year he was solid at LB but simply not enough time at the position to evaluate his worth at the next level. He will find somewhere that is going to give him a chance but he is going to have to impress quickly if he is going to get the opportunity to stay.
Forgot about his ankle. So it was broken-thought it was less serious.

I believe he broke it in 2013 spring and then had to have surgery that Fall after aggravating it again early in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT