ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson fan visiting Saturday...

Sep 9, 2015
Clemson fan here recently transplanted from Georgia to North Louisiana. Got tickets for the game Saturday for me and my 5 year old. Saw there were some parking spots for sale on Stub Hub as well. Any advice from you guys as far as buying a spot or other parking options would be appreciated. Also, any other advice on places to visit or see would be great too. Thanks and I look forward to visiting your campus Saturday!

Get there early, talk to people and most will invite you in for food and drink. For a night game I use to hit the grove no later than 7am for Bloody Mary's and breakfast in the grove lol

Get there early, talk to people and most will invite you in for food and drink. For a night game I use to hit the grove no later than 7am for Bloody Mary's and breakfast in the grove lol
Seeing the team walk through the Grove on the way to the stadium is pretty special.

Reactions: Fishing123
Great thanks, any ideas on parking? We are staying in Grenada so we can get there as early as 9. I read somewhere that by the mall across from the fraternity row entrance is good.

There is parking at the mall. They run a shuttle, but if you don't catch that it is a pretty good walk to the stadium. But the walk is right by the frat houses so there are things to see. If you can find a spot down at the square, you can catch the double decker red bus at the Faulkner statue. A couple of bucks and they drop you at the edge of the Grove. There will be lot of activity at the downtown square with restaurants and bars. Friday night too. You can walk from the square too. They walk up University Avenue toward campus. Will end at the Grove. Find Abners Chicken, it is on U Avenue. Have a good time and welcome to Oxford.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I can meet some ole miss fans that will allow use to hang out. I will certainly bring some food and drinks so we can experience tailgating there. Always wanted to check Oxford off the bucket list so I can't wait to get up there. My son wants to wear his Clemson jersey so hopefully I can just tell people he's a Chad Kelley fan. Haha.

If you are staying in Grenada, Jake and Rips is a decent place to eat and if you are looking for a beer and to shoot some pool or something check out the Sports Center.

Ok good, we can walk from the Hampton Inn to the Jake and Rips place. Anywhere special to eat in Oxford. Also, is there a bookstore or something that sells all the Ole Miss clothes and stuff? Thanks again for all the advice, I'm sure we will have a great time.

There is the rebel shop on campus along with the bookstore. You can also go by campus bookmart that is off campus but my usual go to is Rebel Rags (http://www.rebelrags.net/) There are many great places to eat in oxford but gameday is going to make it rough to get in them.

I will give you a long detailed account of my trip tomorrow. I will go ahead and let you know that I have told everyone I know to put Oxford on their bucket list. Details to come.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT