ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Beard: Emotion versus logic

ObjectiveReb

Rookie
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2019
Memphis
You can emotionally convict a man of crime he has been exonerated from and you can, in the case of coach Beard, choose not to want to hire him accordingly. You are thus, and it’s ok, a guilty until proven innocent person; media and perception matter more than the operation of our justice system. Ironically, most fail in their untold story given this cast-stone metric. That said, it’s the life of a public figure and penance is only realized through time.

Logically: if you operate on facts and you actually desire to interview a man and evaluate his life and character(and wait) his talent — emotion, perception be damned - then you don’t make assumptions about said candidate outside of real evidence. Right? I certainly I hope the paradigm is and will always be an evaluation that considers 50 years of life and coaching versus minutes of an event we will never understand. But I digress.

I personally prefer logic and certainty. I prefer evidence. I prefer not being the school that misses on a genius because we perceive him as something that has never been proven to be. There is no way to ever know what really went down in Coach Beards personal life. What we do know is he lived his entire life crime free and in the last many years under a microscope most would prefer to avoid. Did something happen? Obviously. Does it make him a man we get to judge- it does not. In fact, it can not.

Judge him logically. If facts an evidence tell you he is the same guy he’s been all his life, then you make your decision on that. If you like to judge people on perception and emotion then you are well equipped for 2023.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News