ADVERTISEMENT

Definition of Insanity

barrwayne

Rookie
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
So we are sitting there in VHS on Saturday, as we shoot ourselves in the foot at the end of the second quarter, and we are all asking " are we really gonna do this again?"

Mistakes are going to happen, especially with a young team, which can be a death sentence against an elite team. But the play calling at the end of the second quarter against Bama looked just like the bad sets we had on offense in the 3rd quarter against FSU......uber-conservative off guard and off tackle running plays for little or no yardage.

One definition of insanity is continuing the same behaviors, despite adverse consequences, expecting different results. If this coaching staff continues this ineffective play calling, they then meet this definition. If I see this stuff happening against UGA, I will start having serious doubts about their competency.....

We had the same situation two years ago and tried to mount an attack and had the fumble by Mathers. Freeze had the choice to gamble and try to move up field or run out the clock. He elected to run out the clock. Problem was Gleeson was suppose to punt the ball in another direction. He punted it away from our coverage.

So we are sitting there in VHS on Saturday, as we shoot ourselves in the foot at the end of the second quarter, and we are all asking " are we really gonna do this again?"

Mistakes are going to happen, especially with a young team, which can be a death sentence against an elite team. But the play calling at the end of the second quarter against Bama looked just like the bad sets we had on offense in the 3rd quarter against FSU......uber-conservative off guard and off tackle running plays for little or no yardage.

One definition of insanity is continuing the same behaviors, despite adverse consequences, expecting different results. If this coaching staff continues this ineffective play calling, they then meet this definition. If I see this stuff happening against UGA, I will start having serious doubts about their competency.....

Now you see why Florida wouldn't call him back a couple of years ago.

I've only seen two SEC coaches blow 3-TD leads in big games: Hugh Freeze and Gus Malzahn. Both run the same offense, both are coaching at the only SEC school that would hire them.

Now you see why Florida wouldn't call him back a couple of years ago.

I've only seen two SEC coaches blow 3-TD leads in big games: Hugh Freeze and Gus Malzahn. Both run the same offense, both are coaching at the only SEC school that would hire them.
what about your boy dan mullen, you do know that he wants to leave starkville really bad but no other program will have him so both of you are stuck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT