ADVERTISEMENT

Depth is a problem

Beatlesreb

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2015
Panama City, FL
We saw this during the FSU game where our defense held more than their own, but capitulated in the second half. The running game is almost non-existent. What or who's to say this won't happen again?

Reactions: OleMissFamily
We saw this during the FSU game where our defense held more than their own, but capitulated in the second half. The running game is almost non-existent. What or who's to say this won't happen again?

Depth is less of a problem this year than any year of Hugh's tenure. You guys are losing your mind over a ten point loss to a championship caliber team that could have just as easily been a win. FSU is as good as Bama. We may not win saturday but this isn't going to be some blowout. We will compete. Let the clock hit 60 min and you might be surprised by the outcome.

Depth is less of a problem this year than any year of Hugh's tenure. You guys are losing your mind over a ten point loss to a championship caliber team that could have just as easily been a win. FSU is as good as Bama. We may not win saturday but this isn't going to be some blowout. We will compete. Let the clock hit 60 min and you might be surprised by the outcome.

1-2 is not a good start.

1-2 is not a good start.

Thanks for stating the obvious but i think i'll wait till the game gets played. Like i said we may not win. Hell on paper we have already lost but that same paper showed even more lopsided losses the previous two years. Again, I'm going to let them line up and play the game. Win or lose as long as the team competes, i can't ask more from them. If they aren't talented enough or coached enough to win then they will lose. If they give it all and leave it on the field no matter the score i can't get down on them. Unlike you guys, we don't lose our minds and stalk other teams boards for a year after a loss lol. Life goes on and i'll get up Sunday morning, have a bloody mary and watch NFL games lol

Truly hope you're right. I just got back from Oxford. The whole town is electric!

Truly hope you're right. I just got back from Oxford. The whole town is electric!
And it will be at a whole other level on saturday. Like i said we may not win but as long as our guys play with everything they have i'm ok with that. over the past 4 years Bama has recruited better than us and should be the favorite on the field. It comes down to execution and thousands of little reactions in split seconds over a 60 minute time period. Luck is the point where hard work meets opportunity. If we get that to fall our way we can win. If we play our top game and they play theirs, neither making mistakes and both having a steady strong game, Bama should win. The good thing is that ball we play this game with isn't round and tends to bounce in funny directions.

Reactions: Beatlesreb
Thanks for stating the obvious but i think i'll wait till the game gets played. Like i said we may not win. Hell on paper we have already lost but that same paper showed even more lopsided losses the previous two years. Again, I'm going to let them line up and play the game. Win or lose as long as the team competes, i can't ask more from them. If they aren't talented enough or coached enough to win then they will lose. If they give it all and leave it on the field no matter the score i can't get down on them. Unlike you guys, we don't lose our minds and stalk other teams boards for a year after a loss lol. Life goes on and i'll get up Sunday morning, have a bloody mary and watch NFL games lol
I'd like to see us be more prominent in college football, which translates to Ole Miss in general as no longer a school in the back woods and hills of Mississippi. Few people know Ole Miss is incredibly beautiful, with the Grove, landscape well groomed, and buildings being restored. To continue that, we need a team in all sports to beat the more prominent teams.

Last edited:
I'd like to see us be more prominent in college football, which translates to Ole Miss in general as no longer a school in the back woods and hills of Mississippi. Few people know Ole Miss is incredibly beautiful, with the Grove, landscape well groomed, and buildings being restored. To continue that, we need a team in all sports to beat the more prominent teams.

We are more prominent now than 10 years ago. There are only about 10 to 15 schools across the US that legitimately want to play Ole Miss outside of the SEC. I'm sure that statement will catch flak from the brother husbands on here but it's true. Our administration has a hard time scheduling good out of conference games.

We are more prominent now than 10 years ago. There are only about 10 to 15 schools across the US that legitimately want to play Ole Miss outside of the SEC. I'm sure that statement will catch flak from the brother husbands on here but it's true. Our administration has a hard time scheduling good out of conference games.
We are more prominent than we were 10 years ago, I agree. And we made the right move in scheduling FSU. This needs to continue-perhaps Clemson, WVU, USC, or FSU again. When I saw the campus this past weekend, I was stunned by the beauty of the place. Immaculate. See the stadium-wow! Money is not an issue. Hey, we're getting there!

Wouldn't want Saban in my face. Heard it was some player who was allowed on the field w/o Saban's permission. Bear used to do that. Everything went through Bear.
Is there a man alive, outside of the political circle, that has a fatter head than Saban? Man, what an egomaniac!

Saban is a good head coach and leader. He demands perfection and will let coaches or players know when they are not meeting his expectations. If someone does not excel in his system, then he gets them out of his domain. It is evident that his coaching methods are successful by viewing his teams' records and success rates.

Reactions: Beatlesreb
We are more prominent now than 10 years ago.

Those 3rd place SECW finishes really did make a name for OM. But the biggest thing was beating Bammer. Guess what, so did Utah. Win a title and then you will get some respect. State beat Saban too but you don't hear State fans proclaiming that "only 10-15 teams" want to play them lol. OM fans arrogance is quite comical.

Saban is a good head coach and leader. He demands perfection and will let coaches or players know when they are not meeting his expectations. If someone does not excel in his system, then he gets them out of his domain. It is evident that his coaching methods are successful by viewing his teams' records and success rates.
Saban is a win at all costs kind of coach. He produces results, but he steps on people in order to do it. This is how he recruits - blowing sunshine up a kid's butt only to cast them aside when someone better looks his way.

Those 3rd place SECW finishes really did make a name for OM. But the biggest thing was beating Bammer. Guess what, so did Utah. Win a title and then you will get some respect. State beat Saban too but you don't hear State fans proclaiming that "only 10-15 teams" want to play them lol. OM fans arrogance is quite comical.

How long ago was that, considering Mullen has never beat Bama. You aren't very smart, are you. LMAO!

Comparing to how we played in past decades, we are better. Those 3rd place finishes could have easily gone in our favor. Compare us to the Brent Schaefer days, Mark Young, or even Fourcade. Nothing against those guys, but the offense we have now is so much more imaginative and defense has been lights out for the most part.

Depth a problem once again! Especially in the secondary. Our offense has to be very frustrated!
Very few teams can lose the level of talent that we did last year and not expect to take a step back. The good news is that our depth issues overall are improving every year, and although we are inexperienced this year that will not be the case next year.

Reactions: Reblarry
Very few teams can lose the level of talent that we did last year and not expect to take a step back. The good news is that our depth issues overall are improving every year, and although we are inexperienced this year that will not be the case next year.

Blowing a 3-touchdown lead at home isn't a depth problem, it's a coaching problem.

Reactions: billywaynebama
Good point. Also, injuries are not helping. Great to see the young guys play i.e. Julius Jones.

Reactions: OleMissFamily
Consider how long the defense was on the field. Our secondary was obviously weak as were the LBs. Can you be specific as to a coaching problem?

So the offense couldn't get the job done. And since Freeze coaches the offense, there you go.

Too general. Can you be more specific? Where did Freeze screw up? We scored a crap load of points against all 3 of our opponents.

You said the game was lost cause the defense was on the field too long.

Why was the defense on the field too long? Cause the offense wasn't.

This is what happens when you run the HUNH offense. The offense moves fast. So even if the offense is successful, the defense is going to be whipped by the end of the game cause the offense, by design, gets off the field as soon as possible each possession.

Your coach chooses to run that offense. So of course it's the players fault for running the offense he tells them to run LMAO!

Good point. Also, injuries are not helping. Great to see the young guys play i.e. Julius Jones.

Injuries happen when tired defensive players have to keep playing cause your coach chooses to run the HUNH offense.

Auburn has all the same problems that Ole Miss does. Their coach runs the same offense.

Too general. Can you be more specific? Where did Freeze screw up? We scored a crap load of points against all 3 of our opponents.
You can't talk directly to trolls, they don't actually have any insight. They are here to try to get a rise out of anyone they can so their existence is validated. We have came out flat in two games after half. The third quarter has been a nightmare for us. Take those away in both games and we win. It's on the coaches to make adjustments. I will say this, Freeze needs to stop going into coast mode with leads. He needs to push and push. If we are up by 30 in the 4th then he can coast. Right now when he jumps up he gets conservative in the hopes of not making mistakes and letting the team back in the game.

Reactions: Reblarry
You can't talk directly to trolls, they don't actually have any insight. They are here to try to get a rise out of anyone they can so their existence is validated. We have came out flat in two games after half. The third quarter has been a nightmare for us. Take those away in both games and we win. It's on the coaches to make adjustments. I will say this, Freeze needs to stop going into coast mode with leads. He needs to push and push. If we are up by 30 in the 4th then he can coast. Right now when he jumps up he gets conservative in the hopes of not making mistakes and letting the team back in the game.

IOW you agree with me that it's Freeze's fault. Hilarious.

Reactions: billywaynebama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT