ADVERTISEMENT

Eli vs Chad Kelly

Beatlesreb

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2015
Panama City, FL
After watching many highlights of both QBs, I favor Chad as the better QB. Eli had a tendency to throw to receivers and leave them with no chance to get more yardage. He had no scrambling ability. Chad does and has a rocket arm. Your view?

After watching many highlights of both QBs, I favor Chad as the better QB. Eli had a tendency to throw to receivers and leave them with no chance to get more yardage. He had no scrambling ability. Chad does and has a rocket arm. Your view?

10/10 troll. Solid work.

10/10 troll. Solid work.

He isn't trolling sadly. Eli is probably worth 2 of Chad Kelly. You put him in this offense he sets records that no one will ever touch. You put Chad in Cutts offense and we struggle to get to 6 wins.

I would say the personnel is the biggest factor. The receivers the two had to work with are incomparable. Eli would have very likely won a Heisman with that kind of talent to throw to.

He isn't trolling sadly. Eli is probably worth 2 of Chad Kelly. You put him in this offense he sets records that no one will ever touch. You put Chad in Cutts offense and we struggle to get to 6 wins.

I guess we can revisit this after Machine Gun gets drafted 1st overall, goes to multiple Pro Bowls, and wins multiple Super Bowls.

I guess we can revisit this after Machine Gun gets drafted 1st overall, goes to multiple Pro Bowls, and wins multiple Super Bowls.
From what I've seen of Eli with OM or the Giants, seems to me he threw too many passes where his receiver is left high and dry, no place to go, and occasionally will hit long ones. His receivers were fine-Collins, Armstead, Flowers, Espy. You really think they were inadequate? Kelly on the other hand has the ability to ad lib, hurl accurate passes downfield, and has a rocket arm. Not at all a football strategist, so I;m just throwing it out there. Kelly I predict will be a number 1 draft pick.

I would say the personnel is the biggest factor. The receivers the two had to work with are incomparable. Eli would have very likely won a Heisman with that kind of talent to throw to.
Collins, Armstead, and Flowers were great, too. Just these passes Eli would throw-see the Georgia game 2001 on youtube-where his receivers were left vulnerable. Always has bothered me about the guy.

Disagree. Eli had a great offensive line, and decent WRs, and RBs. Some OLs played in the NFL, and some WRs should have played there, too. Anyway, place Chad with those WRs in a wide open offense that Cut had, he would have been very productive more so than Eli, also considering his scrambling ability. Eli threw too many of those annoying short yardage passes, leaving his receivers high and dry. Yes, occasionally, he did throw some great passes, but Chad, with his running ability and accuracy, I have to respectfully disagree.

Yes, I'll give you that. Eli is a great QB now and during the Superbowl seasons, I was proud to be an Eli and OM fan. Still am. I think Chad will be just as good, if not better. That's saying a lot, I know, but it's a gut feeling. Just throwing it out there (pardon the pun).

Disagree. Eli had a great offensive line, and decent WRs, and RBs. Some OLs played in the NFL, and some WRs should have played there, too. Anyway, place Chad with those WRs in a wide open offense that Cut had, he would have been very productive more so than Eli, also considering his scrambling ability. Eli threw too many of those annoying short yardage passes, leaving his receivers high and dry. Yes, occasionally, he did throw some great passes, but Chad, with his running ability and accuracy, I have to respectfully disagree.

Last thing i'll say on this cause you clearly have your mind made up that Kelly is the best QB we have ever had. Eli had no running game. Cutts offense was far from wide open, it was a pro style offense that relies on play action. Before it's said and done, 3-5 players that kelly throws to will be starters in the NFL. They may now be superstars but are NFL caliber receivers. Eli had Taye Biddle who was probably the most NFL worthy and made quite a few rosters over his career. He had no receivers close to the caliber that Kelly has. On top of that, in Eli's career the most passes he attempted was 279 where Kelly threw the ball 458 times. Again you put Eli in the offense we have now and he brakes every college passing record not just Ole Miss records. Kelly is good, probably the second best QB to play at Ole Miss up to this point but even if he wins a Heisman he still isn't in the same class as Eli.

Last thing i'll say on this cause you clearly have your mind made up that Kelly is the best QB we have ever had. Eli had no running game. Cutts offense was far from wide open, it was a pro style offense that relies on play action. Before it's said and done, 3-5 players that kelly throws to will be starters in the NFL. They may now be superstars but are NFL caliber receivers. Eli had Taye Biddle who was probably the most NFL worthy and made quite a few rosters over his career. He had no receivers close to the caliber that Kelly has. On top of that, in Eli's career the most passes he attempted was 279 where Kelly threw the ball 458 times. Again you put Eli in the offense we have now and he brakes every college passing record not just Ole Miss records. Kelly is good, probably the second best QB to play at Ole Miss up to this point but even if he wins a Heisman he still isn't in the same class as Eli.
Understood. You've got the stats. I've been watching Eli on youtube as a pro and at OM. Wish he would quit those short high percentage passes where his receiver gets plowed over-he still does this. That's my main point, and I've watched a lot of football. Never seen a QB do that so much!

Understood. You've got the stats. I've been watching Eli on youtube as a pro and at OM. Wish he would quit those short high percentage passes where his receiver gets plowed over-he still does this. That's my main point, and I've watched a lot of football. Never seen a QB do that so much!

That's actually the offense his current head coach runs. It's short high percentage passes that allow for run after the catch. There isn't always a run after the catch but two 5 yard completions starts to pull secondaries up to beat them over the top. It's much better than 3 3yard runs and a punt.

That's actually the offense his current head coach runs. It's short high percentage passes that allow for run after the catch. There isn't always a run after the catch but two 5 yard completions starts to pull secondaries up to beat them over the top. It's much better than 3 3yard runs and a punt.
Ok, now in all credibility to Eli, he became better as his career went on. He's best when the secondary pulls up as he's capable of throwing the long ball. I'd say that Kelly, with his scrambling ability, will catch that secondary by surprise. He's done that so far, and successfully. This is why I believe Kelly will be a great NFL QB, at least as good as Eli. Just a gut feeling. Maybe you disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT