ADVERTISEMENT

Feel Good Friday Post

M.O.B. Rebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2002
Birmingham, AL
TGIF! I hope everyone here has a great weekend. It's H.O.T.

So, I've been on the road here lately. Had some meetings in Atlanta and on my drive there & back, I listened to RG podcasts & some Paul Finebaum.

I enjoyed all of it, very entertaining. Neal, Lee, David and Bo all seem to think this Ole Miss team could end up at 7-5. Every single one of them is entitled to their opinion and may very well be right. I will be pissed and utterly disappointed; the guy/fan they specifically talked about. Allow me to explain why.

If this team loses 5 games, one of these things happened:

Swag lost his swag
Somebody like Tunsil or Treadwell gets hurt again
Freeze has got us fooled

IMO, if none of those things happen, there is no way in hell this team loses 5 games. We might have the best defense in the country. Defense wins in this league, something Freeze has known all along. We went 9-3 with a very inconsistent offense last year, coupled with some major injuries.

We have 4 first round NFL draft picks on this team. And could have another 2-3 taken on the first day too. If Freeze is the coach we think he is, and this team stays healthy, there is simply too much talent to lose 5 games. I think we will be favored in 9 or 10 games. Something terribly wrong happens if we finish 7-5.

My prediction is we win the West and sign a Top 5 class(contrary to popular belief, Alabama can't sign everybody). This is the year. The OL and running game is serviceable enough and our defense is just stout. Fadol Brown is about to go Marshawn Lynch. We get some bounces. Ole Miss takes Atlanta by storm. You may think I'm crazy, but Vegas doesn't think I'm all that crazy.

However, next offseason, the vibe will be so predictable. "Ole Miss lost way too much" and predictions of 6-6 will start popping up. Let me say this now. Hugh Freeze coached a team of bums to 6-6. He will have 4 full recruiting classes going into 2016, with a very special incoming class. I'm not naive enough to predict another West title, I just don't think we will fall back as much as everyone else will. The culture is changing. Hashtag new normal.

We have some very good pieces in place. Our AD. The academics staff. Training table. Nutritionists. Strength coaches. And a very underrated football staff. Dave Wommack and Jason Jones are so good & neither get pub. Everyone knows I'm a recruiting junkie, so I'll be honest, I wasn't thrilled with Corey Batoon. I seriously wanted Trooper Taylor to stick in Memphis. But Batoon is getting some traction on the recruiting trail and the feedback is that he's an even better coach.

I'm saying we've got a good thing going here, Ole Miss fans. Let's do our part. Buy, donate, travel ETC. If we help this train ride for the next 10 years, banners will be hung in VHS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News