ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE THAT IDIOT FREEZE TONIGHT !!!!

Wouldn't blame this one on Freeze. We were in a position to win / should have one but for that freak lateral play. (Not to mention the non-call when Ark's offensive lineman held our defender from behind after he knocked the football out of the quarterback's hand. Game would have been over if we had recovered there.)

Freeze should have been retained by Nutt and we would have had the players and the at calling. But as it is we have a recruiter who can't coach.

Wouldn't blame this one on Freeze. We were in a position to win / should have one but for that freak lateral play. (Not to mention the non-call when Ark's offensive lineman held our defender from behind after he knocked the football out of the quarterback's hand. Game would have been over if we had recovered there.)

We scored 52 points and LOST. The lateral was merely the last of 53 nails in our coffin.

They also got away with a block in the back on the extra point try and holding on the QB fumble....All that to say, we would all have been happy with a win and we were just a play away. Nobody would care about the defensive stats. The ball even bounced right into their running back's hands on that play. Hard to beat that kind of happenstance.

Freeze should have been retained by Nutt and we would have had the players and the at calling. But as it is we have a recruiter who can't coach.
Freeze and Womack have called quite a few good games for us. I still think these are growing pains with better days ahead. We are going to have to continue to add more depth / talent and to be good enough to overcome both the other team and the bad bounces.

Our talent now has to overcome our coaching! Sorry but we have bunch of 5 star juniors who are leaving for the nfl and we hope to go to the weedeater bowl. We suck on so any phases.

Our talent now has to overcome our coaching! Sorry but we have bunch of 5 star juniors who are leaving for the nfl and we hope to go to the weedeater bowl. We suck on so any phases.
No, as Jeffrey and Neal pointed out in the postgame video, we lost lots and lots of 1-on-1's on defense tonight. That reflects a talent deficit at linebacker and in the secondary that can only be corrected through recruiting. They were better than our guys tonight. Our guys have to play amped up on defense and really they almost pulled it off.

Well they we're were all rated higher than the razors so why they they bitch alp us?

Should have NEVER gotten to that play! Sorry your excuses are pitiful.

No, as Jeffrey and Neal pointed out in the postgame video, we lost lots and lots of 1-on-1's on defense tonight. That reflects a talent deficit at linebacker and in the secondary that can only be corrected through recruiting. They were better than our guys tonight. Our guys have to play amped up on defense and really they almost pulled it off.

Why is there at talent deficit at LB and secondary not to mention OL. I thought freeze was a great recruiter. According to freeze we are still a year ahead of schedule. hahaha I guess if he keeps kidding himself long enough he will believe it.

Why is there at talent deficit at LB and secondary not to mention OL. I thought freeze was a great recruiter. According to freeze we are still a year ahead of schedule. hahaha I guess if he keeps kidding himself long enough he will believe it.
See Neal's instant analysis. We HAVE missed on some targets recruiting. That is to be expected in the rebuilding process. Hopefully, as we win some big games (which we have) we will recruit better and miss fewer of our targets....and continue to improve.

Watch that crazy backwards hail Mary pass from that tight end. He just threw the ball back without even looking. It happened to bounce into their starting running back's hands. Trae Elston was booking it trying to get to the guy but got knocked down. The rest is history. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. That was just ridiculous. I feel bad for our players because they really should have won.

Not sour grapes, but when you look at the Arkansas 2-point conversion, was that Ark O-linemen making a legal block on R. K.? Is that not blocking in the back?

Pitiful? Yes. And yet, if it were not for that one-in-a-million blind, one bounce, backward toss and a prayer from their tight end, we would have won the game. (So I think it is fair to look at it that way. Both defenses gave up tons of points and yards. Both QB's played amazing games. ...All else being equal, that play determined the game's outcome. They gave up as much yardage and defensive failures as we did and I bet they aren't sitting around saying they really are bad cause the defense didn't play well. They are celebrating, even with their equally bad defensive performance, because of that one freak play.)

Not much comfort in it, I agree, but 999/1000 Ole Miss wins that 4th down play. Only God knows why it turned out the way it did tonight.

Time to unite and get better...not cut up the team. Evaluate and make changes as needed when the season is over and the full record is on the books.

Last edited:
Reactions: busterreb1
And yet, if it were not for that one-in-a-million blind, one bounce, backward toss and a prayer from their tight end, we would have won the game. (So I think it is fair to look at it that way. Both defenses gave up tons of points and yards. Both QB's played amazing games. ...All else being equal, that play determined the game's outcome. They gave up as much yardage and defensive failures as we did and I bet they aren't sitting around saying they really are bad cause the defense didn't play well. They are celebrating even with their equally bad defense because of that one freak play.)

We played from both lines of scrimmage an entire game... How many Ole Miss screw ups can be found prior to Arky's lateral? A bunch. The lateral was merely the last screw up in a game long series of screw ups.

Lots of screw ups on defense for both teams. The play that separated 2 struggling defenses was that freak backwards pass.

They also got away with a block in the back on the extra point try and holding on the QB fumble....All that to say, we would all have been happy with a win and we were just a play away. Nobody would care about the defensive stats. The ball even bounced right into their running back's hands on that play. Hard to beat that kind of happenstance.
The REC doin' work. You F with the elephant and you get the tusks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT