ADVERTISEMENT

First hand account from the MSU vs Toledo game.

rezervoir reb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Apr 10, 2002
Brandon, MS
First of all stop reading now if you’re one of those that’s gonna bitch about a MSU thread.

I attended the game last Saturday due to a family obligation. Son is in the Famous Maroon Band and it was parents day. I was able to use a connection and watched the game from a suite so I had a parking pass, free food and drinks. It was dead around the campus when we parked and just wasn’t a ton of people in general. Guess they were waiting for their big matchup with Florida.

Once I got into the suite and made my first bourbon drink the fun really began. I don’t know if it was the bourbon or watching their fans go from angry and upset to watching apathy set in over a 3 hour period but that was probably the most fun I’d ever had at a non OM game. With 8 minutes left in the game we had the suite to ourselves. I witnessed their fan base sink into misery and exit the stadium with 1.5 quarters left in the game and it was a glorious site.

I get to our hotel and there’s a few Toledo fans buying rounds for everyone so I got in on the celebration. The MSU fans that were there had come to the realization that their team sucks and sucks bad. The next day I start reading stuff saying it was their worst loss in the program’s history and all I could do was smile and think, I was there for that.

It still brings back a smile just typing this. And the best part is they really don’t even realize just how screwed they are. Karma is a bitch and I’m gonna enjoy it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.