ADVERTISEMENT

Football success comparison to basketball and others?

Nov 23, 2020
There are certainly tiers of success when it comes to seasons: Most Ole Miss fans view making an Access Bowl a major success for the season. After this year i assume the "major success" benchmark will be making the 12 team playoff. What do you think is the equivalent for other Ole Miss sports based on past program success??

Would the basketball team making it to the sweet 16 (any particular year) be looked at as equally successful as the 12 team playoff in football or would it need to be a deeper run (elite 8?)

Same with baseball - i would assume making the tournament, is not viewed as successful as the basketball team making the tournament?

Is the lower bowls (Liberty, Birmingham, Music City) be the equivalent to just making the tournament in basketball, baseball?
Would Gator/Citrus/Outback be considered about the same success as making a super regional?

Just curious how those that have been fans a long time consider tiers of success, of course the 12 team playoff next year might make expectations much different as far as which bowls you get to go to.

There are certainly tiers of success when it comes to seasons: Most Ole Miss fans view making an Access Bowl a major success for the season. After this year i assume the "major success" benchmark will be making the 12 team playoff. What do you think is the equivalent for other Ole Miss sports based on past program success??

Would the basketball team making it to the sweet 16 (any particular year) be looked at as equally successful as the 12 team playoff in football or would it need to be a deeper run (elite 8?)

Same with baseball - i would assume making the tournament, is not viewed as successful as the basketball team making the tournament?

Is the lower bowls (Liberty, Birmingham, Music City) be the equivalent to just making the tournament in basketball, baseball?
Would Gator/Citrus/Outback be considered about the same success as making a super regional?

Just curious how those that have been fans a long time consider tiers of success, of course the 12 team playoff next year might make expectations much different as far as which bowls you get to go to.
12 team playoff=sweet 16=cws

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT