ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING: Friday, Dec. 3 Recruiting/Transfer Portal Chiks, presented by Oxford Krystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal McCready

All-Pro NFL
Staff
Feb 26, 2008
Oxford, MS
Here's Thursday's thread:

Yesterday, we mentioned Oklahoma TE Austin Stogner, who is in the transfer portal. I'm hearing today there is real momentum for Missouri with Stogner and that could come to fruition fairly quickly. By the way, keep an eye on Mizzou with QB Spencer Rattler, as the former Oklahoma signal-caller is not now headed to Arizona State. I know there's some UCLA talk regarding Rattler, but watch Missouri.

TCU RB Zach Evans, who is in the transfer portal, is finishing up final exams this weekend. A decision could come from him next week, and assuming the Ole Miss staff remains intact, Ole Miss has real momentum there.

As of midday yesterday, Ole Miss was expecting six official visitors:

QB Dillon Gabriel
OT Bryson Hurst
OT Percy Lewis
WR Larry Simmons
WR Jeremiah Dillon
DL Jacarius Clayton

Simmons, Dillon and Clayton are already committed. Gabriel is tied to Jeff Lebby, so as long as Lebby is remaining at Ole Miss, I'd bet on Dillon transferring to Ole Miss. Hurst was once committed, had some misunderstandings regarding academics and de-committed. It sounds like all of that has been smoothed over. This staff isn't going to take many projects, but it sounds as if they believe Hurst is worth the development time. Helping along those lines is Lewis, who is older and more prepared -- they hope -- to contribute immediately.

I'm hearing Ole Miss would like to add two portal OL, a QB, a RB, at least one WR, a rush DE, at least one LB and perhaps a CB. That's a lot of leaning on the portal, and one thing evident from talking to people is the portal kids want to know what NIL opportunities are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News