ADVERTISEMENT

Haven't seen this discussed on this board yet...

Does anyone think it was unfair that Ole Miss didn't get a national seed?

I think it was a toss up between LSU and Ole Miss and you guys got the nod because of the brand over anything else. The resumes were almost identical. We did take 2 out of three from you in Oxford but that could have easily been flipped in red stick. Clearly the team was pissed off enough to completely shite the bed in the regional though lol

Reactions: Fishing123
Agree reb, I'm disgusted, shocked, embarrassed and pissed. Maybe a coaching change is in order idk. If CC does well in the CWS I will feel a little better, but if it ia a two and barbeque then Aleva needs to take a long, hard look at the direction of the program.

Agree reb, I'm disgusted, shocked, embarrassed and pissed. Maybe a coaching change is in order idk. If CC does well in the CWS I will feel a little better, but if it ia a two and barbeque then Aleva needs to take a long, hard look at the direction of the program.
WTF does barbecue have to do with anything?

I think the SECT took a lot out of the teams that were good but thin. That tournament is so strong the Regionals and Supers seem like afterthoughts. Baseball is a game of streaks. Ole Miss had their streak at Hoover. The year we went to Omaha we exited the SECT early like Vandy, who won the NC and Ole Miss finished 3rd.

Point taken ranch, but we lost to Coastal F'ing Carolina at home. Had we lost to FSU, Arizona or any other major baseball power no problem but as it stands now perhaps a coaching change is in order.

Point taken ranch, but we lost to Coastal F'ing Carolina at home. Had we lost to FSU, Arizona or any other major baseball power no problem but as it stands now perhaps a coaching change is in order.

I'm not a big fan of your coach. He whines to the umps about every close call. With the TOPS program there is no reason LSU shouldn't go to OMAHA more often. Mike Bianco's son will be playing for LSU in a couple of years. That should be interesting.

How is that any different than Stoney Brook a couple years back? I know, I know salt in the wound

How is that any different than Stoney Brook a couple years back? I know, I know salt in the wound

Why is an Ole Miss fan criticizing an LSU fan about their baseball program not going to Omaha? That would be like an OM football fan criticizing basically any other football program in the SEC besides Vandy or UK.

Reactions: billywaynebama
Thanks, broker. but pratt is just reinforcing my point. The loss to stony Brook along with this more recent loss to Coastal Carolina are two of many reasons to hire a new baseball coach

Thanks, broker. but pratt is just reinforcing my point. The loss to stony Brook along with this more recent loss to Coastal Carolina are two of many reasons to hire a new baseball coach

I feel your pain, the worst thing that happened to Ole Miss baseball was Bianco getting to Omaha a couple years ago. It's hard to believe as many Ole Miss players are in the pro's from him with only one trip.

On a side not i got to see one of your guys play last night, Austin Nola.

Why is an Ole Miss fan criticizing an LSU fan about their baseball program not going to Omaha? That would be like an OM football fan criticizing basically any other football program in the SEC besides Vandy or UK.

Littleton tiger is a poster who has been here for years and can carry on a decent conversation about sports without being an ass like you are. If I were still the moderator here you would be long gone by now. I only allowed intelligent posters.

Littleton tiger is a poster who has been here for years and can carry on a decent conversation about sports without being an ass like you are. If I were still the moderator here you would be long gone by now. I only allowed intelligent posters.
See @Tide Broker? You have to tow the line around here. No dissenting opinions allowed.

Your problem is that you don't want to hear anything negative about OM. Go to your pay board if you want to get sunshine pumped to you for the next year or so before the hammer drops.

Reactions: BlindsideHeckler
I think Coastal Carolina is thankful that LSU got a national seed.
CCU was a great team full of veteran players. They came in #2 in the nation in homeruns and a couple of elite pitchers and took care of business. Killed me to see LSU leave 8 runners stranded in the final 3 innings, but that's baseball. The better team won last weekend and best of luck to them the rest of the way.

This year we replaced 8 of 9 starters and few expected us to make the showing we did. I'm pretty happy with the way we finished the season and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when we bring all of those guys back next year.

People who actually follow college baseball know that 'name brands' mean little in that sport. That Stony Brook team had more players drafted from it than LSU did that year. The CCU team that came in last week was #2 in the nation in HR's and featured a couple of truly elite pitchers (starter Ace Beckwith won 12 games and had a 1.82 ERA while closer Mike Morrison had 8 saves with a 0.82 ERA - both were named All-American). Good luck to them the rest of the way.

People who actually follow college baseball know that 'name brands' mean little in that sport. That Stony Brook team had more players drafted from it than LSU did that year. The CCU team that came in last week was #2 in the nation in HR's and featured a couple of truly elite pitchers (starter Ace Beckwith won 12 games and had a 1.82 ERA while closer Mike Morrison had 8 saves with a 0.82 ERA - both were named All-American). Good luck to them the rest of the way.
So you know how to go to the Coastal Carolina website and look up a few choice stats. Sweet.

So you know how to go to the Coastal Carolina website and look up a few choice stats. Sweet.
Again, its about actually following college baseball. Those stats were well known when the Chanticleers came into Baton Rouge - we had watched them win the NC State regional and were impressed with them even then.

Don't be so bitter about becoming the first team in history to be swept at their own regional. At least you get to make an appearance in the history books somewhere, right?

They have a board on another site perfect for people who just like to troll and spew stupid insults instead of actually having logical discussions. Perhaps you would be happier there.

Again, its about actually following college baseball. Those stats were well known when the Chanticleers came into Baton Rouge - we had watched them win the NC State regional and were impressed with them even then.

Don't be so bitter about becoming the first team in history to be swept at their own regional. At least you get to make an appearance in the history books somewhere, right?
You'll know I'm bitter when you see me posting on the corndog site.

CCU was a great team full of veteran players. They came in #2 in the nation in homeruns and a couple of elite pitchers and took care of business. Killed me to see LSU leave 8 runners stranded in the final 3 innings, but that's baseball. The better team won last weekend and best of luck to them the rest of the way.

This year we replaced 8 of 9 starters and few expected us to make the showing we did. I'm pretty happy with the way we finished the season and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when we bring all of those guys back next year.
Excuses excuses. I think I'll go on the corndog site and make excuses for Ole Miss' poor showing. Nahhhhh, that would make me look bitter.

LSU got on a roll at the end and won their way to a National Seed. They weren't the same team in June that came to Ole Miss earlier. Next year Ole Miss will be in a similar position with a major overhaul of the roster and possibly the #1 or #2 recruiting class(after the ones who went pro are taken out) Baseball is a game of streaks. The '27 Yankees lost 1/3 of their games, some to the last place team. When you're hot you win and when you're not you lose, especially when the other team is hot when you aren't.

Excuses excuses. I think I'll go on the corndog site and make excuses for Ole Miss' poor showing. Nahhhhh, that would make me look bitter.
You don't look bitter now?

It's okay, some people on our site confuse things like crediting your opponent with 'excuses' too. I guess when excuses are a way of life you start seeing them everywhere...

Does anyone think it was unfair that Ole Miss didn't get a national seed?
Does anyone think it was unfair that CorndogWiggz made a stupid post and then his team got smoked in the supers and then he came back to the Ole Miss board to make excuses?
I don't.

LSU got on a roll at the end and won their way to a National Seed. They weren't the same team in June that came to Ole Miss earlier. Next year Ole Miss will be in a similar position with a major overhaul of the roster and possibly the #1 or #2 recruiting class(after the ones who went pro are taken out) Baseball is a game of streaks. The '27 Yankees lost 1/3 of their games, some to the last place team. When you're hot you win and when you're not you lose, especially when the other team is hot when you aren't.
This is the truth, and when a team is running cold there's almost nothing a coach can do about it. All he can do is teach the fundamentals and make the calls that maximize hot streaks and minimize a cold ones throughout the season...

This is the truth, and when a team is running cold there's almost nothing a coach can do about it. All he can do is teach the fundamentals and make the calls that maximize hot streaks and minimize a cold ones throughout the season...
Io

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT