ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Holston solid for Stanislaus last night; no draft changes

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
The 2016 Ole Miss commit allowed six hits and one earned run against Houston in the first game of the 4A state title series. Holston (6-foot-4, 215) struck out six and walked one in seven innings.

He's going to be a good one. Holston, the No. 1 player in Mississippi for that class, was 88-91 MPH and has a nice slider to complement it -- as well as another year of high school.

I haven't seen an announcement, but the scuttlebutt yesterday was that Oxford is leaning toward throwing Jason Barber tonight in game two. In the video I linked on the site yesterday OHS coach Chris Baughman was undecided on starting Barber on short rest for game two or throwing someone else and saving Barber for a potential game three.

With most of the seasons wrapping up I don't know of any draft changes with Ole Miss' incoming signees. I still think Wallace State's Chad Smith is the biggest threat. When I wrote that lengthy update recently I talked about Dallas Woolfolk maybe being the biggest high school threat. That's either at the same percentage or a little more in Ole Miss' favor. The Rebels need catcher Nick Fortes to stay on his huge number.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News