ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll always remember who I was with on championship Sunday.

beardcody

Rookie
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2016
I watched the first hour of the game by myself until my two year old son woke up from his nap. He came into the living rubbing his eyes saying, “Daddy, watch baseball.” I said, “Yeah buddy, do you wanna watch baseball with me?” He shook his head yes as he climbed onto the couch to cuddle with me.

We sat together on the couch for a couple innings when he asked to play his educational game we have for him on the iPad. We continued to sit together on the couch til the bottom of the 8th inning. He decided he wanted to play outside. So here I am trying to pace back and forth from the backyard to the living room while trying to keep an eye on him and the game. He typically wants me or my wife to play with him so he wasn’t thrilled with me not giving him my full attention. I gave in and played with him outside. I turned the tv way up and kept the back door open so I could listen.

i missed the game winning runs. I could hear the cheers from inside though so I knew we took the lead. I was kind of bummed but I recorded the game so I can always go back and watch that moment but you can’t rewind moments with your kid. I finally convinced him come inside to finish the game. We sat on the floor playing cars while the Rebs won the title.

I’ll always remember watching the team that I love reach the pinnacle of success with the person I love the most. My little man. I remember when I was a child watching a marathon of highlights from old College World Series games from the 90s on ESPN wondering why Ole Miss was never there. He won’t feel like that because of this year. He doesn’t fully grasp the moment that we shared together yet but soon he’ll realize soon what we shared together on June 26th, 2022.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News