ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: I asked Mike about the plans for the weekend with the rotation...

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
"We haven’t decided. We talked about it as a staff and with the pitching staff and it will be different. Certainly it will be; we haven’t looked at the Kentucky stuff with this game looming and even a little bit of Memphis stuff ahead of ourselves. We’ll make some type of announcement but probably some TBAs in there. Certainly we want to mention or list the Friday guy. It’s not a secret we’ve struggled in that, and one of the messages to the staff today and I’ll try to articulate it is it doesn’t matter who starts. At the end of the day some have done well and some haven’t done well. All of them have done well at some point, but the inconsistency with the three starters on the weekend and not averaging four innings. We’re under four innings per start, and we need someone to grab the ball, get some outs and pass the ball to the next guy.

"We have pitched it well out of the bullpen, and if you take away the one Auburn game which is one-third of the bullpen’s runs, it’s amazing how well the bullpen has pitched. Let’s get past — and I’m not saying opener or anything like that — but we have to get back to it doesn’t matter. I know with you guys and you want to write, but it doesn’t matter. It’s 27 innings and we have to win game one and put that together and figure out if a guy gives us three or four at the beginning and maybe someone comes in just to face these three hitters in the middle. We probably have to do a better job of setting that up and game planning to get through the game with our guys. We can pitch it pretty well, but we have to figure out how to get through the game. We haven’t been able to do that through the six conference games for sure."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.