ADVERTISEMENT

I don't come here often but I'm wondering why some of these posters are not banned from this board

It's hard to have any respect for people whose lives are centered around a small free board especially when they're supposed to represent the great and powerful Alabama and their yard gnome coach. No matter how many teams he beats he'll never be 5'7" and get his fathers love. Anyway, that's off the subject but the posters mentioned do have some serious issues and I imagine had stomach problems the day of the OM Alabama game this year. Vaginas (can I say that?) hide behind keyboards and attack people they know would embarrass them in every way in the real world

Reactions: HightowerReb
It's hard to have any respect for people whose lives are centered around a small free board especially when they're supposed to represent the great and powerful Alabama and their yard gnome coach. No matter how many teams he beats he'll never be 5'7" and get his fathers love. Anyway, that's off the subject but the posters mentioned do have some serious issues and I imagine had stomach problems the day of the OM Alabama game this year. Vaginas (can I say that?) hide behind keyboards and attack people they know would embarrass them in every way in the real world
Hey buddy, can I borrow that soap box you are standing on?

Here's the thing Ranch, we shouldn't have to ignore anyone. Conversations and ribbing from other fans is one thing but these aren't even remotely considered intelligent conversations nor do they add anything to the discussions. They are a constant diatribe of moronic vomit back and forth that amounts to both calling each other stupid.

I agree 100% on that one but since they're still here I took Ranch's advice and ignored them. It does work pretty well

Reactions: colreb1947
And the other Reb homers here hate him as a result. Lyman is such a clown even his own fans put him on Ignore LMAO!
Don't hate me, y'all. I truly love Ole Miss, but I do tell it like it is. If we did what the NCAA is accusing of, this is going to hurt. Sorry, it's a fact. Effing get over it!! I hate it, too!! But why is this investigation taking so long?

Don't hate me, y'all. I truly love Ole Miss, but I do tell it like it is. If we did what the NCAA is accusing of, this is going to hurt. Sorry, it's a fact. Effing get over it!! I hate it, too!! But why is this investigation taking so long?

The NCAA has found no pay for play. They have wasted 3 years and millions of dollars to stick it to Ole Miss and are trying anything to justify all that time and money. Every thing the NCAA has on Ole Miss was handed to them by Ole Miss. They have uncovered nothing but like a hound dog with a bone they just won't let go.

Reactions: HightowerReb
The NCAA has found no pay for play. They have wasted 3 years and millions of dollars to stick it to Ole Miss and are trying anything to justify all that time and money. Every thing the NCAA has on Ole Miss was handed to them by Ole Miss. They have uncovered nothing but like a hound dog with a bone they just won't let go.
That Laremy Tunsil statement on ESPN draft day admitting acceptance of funds was revealing. Or was that not worth investigating?

Reactions: BlindsideHeckler
That Laremy Tunsil statement on ESPN draft day admitting acceptance of funds was revealing. Or was that not worth investigating?
Here's the thing about that, they have what a guy, who had just dropped 13 spots in the draft, said in the middle of a barrage of questions. Tunsil doesn't have to say a word to the NCAA now and to my knowledge he isn't talking to them. There is no reason for him to talk to them. They will completely investigate it but unless they can prove he received money outside of what he was supposed to or allowed under the extra assistance fund (which is turned in to the SEC and approved every year). They can look all they want to but if nothing hard is found they can't do anything. A lawyer would destroy that bit of so called evidence

opportunity fund is what I think it is called. A easily misunderstood statement came from a Texas A&M player several years back sounding like they were skimming under the table, but after the statement's investigation it was determined to be nothing more. I'm with Ranch on this. The NCAA is on a witch hunt to save face. I'm for respecting the rules, but if you think the NCAA is fair and impartial I have some ocean front property in Arizona I would be willing to sell at great price.

It's obvious you are never here. Make some coffe and smell it.

Here's the thing about that, they have what a guy, who had just dropped 13 spots in the draft, said in the middle of a barrage of questions. Tunsil doesn't have to say a word to the NCAA now and to my knowledge he isn't talking to them. There is no reason for him to talk to them. They will completely investigate it but unless they can prove he received money outside of what he was supposed to or allowed under the extra assistance fund (which is turned in to the SEC and approved every year). They can look all they want to but if nothing hard is found they can't do anything. A lawyer would destroy that bit of so called evidence
Ok, I'm learning something here. This assistant fund I was not aware of, if in fact that was used. The NCAA does seem to have a vendetta against us. Doesn't seem so difficult to prove.

opportunity fund is what I think it is called. A easily misunderstood statement came from a Texas A&M player several years back sounding like they were skimming under the table, but after the statement's investigation it was determined to be nothing more. I'm with Ranch on this. The NCAA is on a witch hunt to save face. I'm for respecting the rules, but if you think the NCAA is fair and impartial I have some ocean front property in Arizona I would be willing to sell at great price.
I'm with ranch, too. I feel better now with this opportunity fund. That makes sense.

Thought it was against NCAA policy to accept or give any kind of money or favors. So you're saying it was a gentlemen's agreement outside of football?

There is a fund called the student athlete assistance fund. It's for things that go above their general money allotment. Which is all a joke, they can't have jobs to make money and are given just room and meal plan which can run out if you don't watch it closely. Read up on this http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2013+Student+Assistance+Fund.pdf

Reactions: Beatlesreb
I'm with ranch, too. I feel better now with this opportunity fund. That makes sense.

If I'm not mistaken all money handed out through the Opportunity fund has to be approved by the SEC. I do know some other schools have been very liberal with the fund's use. One school gave laptops to all it's players.

It seems some basic education on this 'Opportunity Fund' are in order, because apparently Ole Miss fans like ranch think it gives them free reign to pay players whatever they want.

From Ole Miss' own website on the program:

"How Does the Program Work?

After Ole Miss Opportunity has considered all federal, state, institutional, and private scholarships and grants awarded to you, it will fill the gap in funding and cover:

• Fall and spring semester base tuition rates for a full-time Mississippi resident student (up to 19 hours each term). The additional tuition charge for pharmacy majors is not included
  • Housing in a university residence hall (up to the standard double-occupancy rate)
  • Meals through the university, equivalent to the cost of the unlimited meal plan for fall and spring, plus $250 flex (food) funds each semester"
http://finaid.olemiss.edu/ole-miss-opportunity-program/

Notice the maximum amount a player can receive each semester is $250, and that money is to be spent on food.

Now we turn to the Tunsil text messages that were released on draft night. First, Ole Miss has agreed that these texts are real. Read that part again.

Second, the texts show Tunsil first asking for $305 to pay his mom's utility bill. First, the amount is more than the Opportunity Fund allows, and second, the Opportunity Fund doesn't cover 'mom's utility bill' anyway. Another text shows Tunsil also saying he needs help paying his rent.

Additionally, when questioned about this after being drafted, Tunsil admitted that Ole Miss coaches paid him.

Pretty much a slam dunk case for the NCAA.

It seems some basic education on this 'Opportunity Fund' are in order, because apparently Ole Miss fans like ranch think it gives them free reign to pay players whatever they want.

After Ole Miss Opportunity has considered all federal, state, institutional, and private scholarships and grants awarded to you, it will fill the gap in funding and cover:

• Fall and spring semester base tuition rates for a full-time Mississippi resident student (up to 19 hours each term). The additional tuition charge for pharmacy majors is not included
  • Housing in a university residence hall (up to the standard double-occupancy rate)
  • Meals through the university, equivalent to the cost of the unlimited meal plan for fall and spring, plus $250 flex (food) funds each semester"

Notice the maximum amount a player can receive each semester is $250, and that money is to be spent on food.

Now we turn to the Tunsil text messages that were released on draft night. First, Ole Miss has agreed that these texts are real. Read that part again.

Second, the texts show Tunsil first asking for $305 to pay his mom's utility bill. First, the amount is more than the Opportunity Fund allows, and second, the Opportunity Fund doesn't cover 'mom's utility bill' anyway. Another text shows Tunsil also saying he needs help paying his rent.

Additionally, when questioned about this after being drafted, Tunsil admitted that Ole Miss coaches paid him.

Your brain has been slam dunked a few times.

If I'm not mistaken all money handed

out through the Opportunity fund has to be approved by the SEC. I do know some other schools have been very liberal with the fund's use. One school gave laptops to all it's players.

Always thought it was strange that his mother, and perhaps others in his family, ended up in Taylor, MS from Florida during the time Tunsil played. How does that happen? Doesn't smell good at all!

But then can we rightly assume that this Opportunity fund is also for emergency cases, and not for paying mom's electric or car repair bills? Or airline fare? That's assuming Tunsil did access this fund. Or was this from some coach? Either way, the NCAA has a good reason to investigate us. Still, what's taking so long?

But then can we rightly assume that this Opportunity fund is also for emergency cases, and not for paying mom's electric or car repair bills? Or airline fare? That's assuming Tunsil did access this fund. Or was this from some coach? Either way, the NCAA has a good reason to investigate us. Still, what's taking so long?

Here's the thing though, they have to prove it was done. They have screen shots of tunsils hacked twitter account. That's it. I get that you are going to take the high road and say if it was something done illegal we should turn ourselves in and openly take the penalty. It ain't happening that way. The NCAA has to prove that money was transferred not that just someone said they would or someone asked for it. As of now Tunsil doesn't have to cooperate at all with them. They can't do a damn thing to him. It's like when the Bama tackle said he got paid all the time. There is nothing they can do unless they can find proof that the money was indeed given. hundred dollar handshakes can't be traced that's why the kids come to each at the tents after the game.

If I'm not mistaken all money handed out through the Opportunity fund has to be approved by the SEC. I do know some other schools have been very liberal with the fund's use. One school gave laptops to all it's players.
That couldn't be $tate. We all know they use their money to give LAP DANCES to their players. :scream::pimp:

Always thought it was strange that his mother, and perhaps others in his family, ended up in Taylor, MS from Florida during the time Tunsil played. How does that happen? Doesn't smell good at all!
You do realize Taylor's real estate if far less pricey than Oxford's?

You do realize Taylor's real estate if far less pricey than Oxford's?
Maybe so, but moving in itself is very expensive. Something doesn't sound right. She can't afford an electric bill, but moves away from Florida? If Tunsil's mother has money, why couldn't she help her son with the auto repairs? Doesn't add up.

Maybe so, but moving in itself is very expensive. Something doesn't sound right. She can't afford an electric bill, but moves away from Florida? If Tunsil's mother has money, why couldn't she help her son with the auto repairs? Doesn't add up.
maybe her money ran out moving. There are a number of reasons she may have money shortages. It may have been as simple as not knowing how to manage money. If money was being thrown at Tunsel then why was the deadbeat step father throwing a fit that OM didn't pay for some meal at a football game? Common sense would recognize if we were paying him we would have certainly paid for dinner if for no reason just to keep Miller's mouth shut.

maybe her money ran out moving. There are a number of reasons she may have money shortages. It may have been as simple as not knowing how to manage money. If money was being thrown at Tunsel then why was the deadbeat step father throwing a fit that OM didn't pay for some meal at a football game? Common sense would recognize if we were paying him we would have certainly paid for dinner if for no reason just to keep Miller's mouth shut.
Maybe like most people do, you move somewhere for a job? Seems sensible to me.

I've read the NCAA's rule on the use of the opportunity fund money. It's very vanilla and open to different interpretations. I suggest you read it before you post things you are guessing about.

I've read the NCAA's rule on the use of the opportunity fund money. It's very vanilla and open to different interpretations. I suggest you read it before you post things you are guessing about.
I did, too. Pratt and Blindsideheckler above posted the facts about it. It's for students, not for paying mom's electric bill. These sort of questions need to be answered. I am NOT trying to be anti Ole Miss, but rest assured the NCAA will be wanting an explanation.

It's easy to place his step father as guilty. He saw a vehicle pull up for Laremy, was an agent, and he voiced his dislike to Laremy. Why is he a deadbeat? Wouldn't you do the same? You see your son getting into a mysterious car, find out it belongs to some sort of agent, illegal as far as he knows, and his stepfather voices his dislike. This is supposition, but the NCAA might be investigating that deal. Ole Miss better be ready.

You're the guy that claimed weeks ago that the Ole Miss investigation was over and you're telling him to get his facts straight before guessing?

eNtlu1r.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT