ADVERTISEMENT

I have no info on Herman

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
but I would doubt he's going to be the man at lsu. It's good leverage for a raise and Houston may well be in the 12 next year. I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to play Bama,aub, ark, om and tam every year. Not an easy schedule and the fans are less than grateful.

Briles oughta pray he gets a chance for redemption. He has nothing to lose at this point.

but I would doubt he's going to be the man at lsu. It's good leverage for a raise and Houston may well be in the 12 next year. I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to play Bama,aub, ark, om and tam every year. Not an easy schedule and the fans are less than grateful.

LSU is a better program than Ole Miss. Their fans expect more.

Reactions: billywaynebama
A few thoughts
1. Houston is a mid-major in a small time conference.
2. Houston is probably not headed to the Big12 because they add nothing to the conference
3. Tom Herman, If offered, could pretty much name his price at LSU and get it.
4.The SEC is the only conference that matters and CTH knows this.

A few thoughts
1. Houston is a mid-major in a small time conference.
2. Houston is probably not headed to the Big12 because they add nothing to the conference
3. Tom Herman, If offered, could pretty much name his price at LSU and get it.
4.The SEC is the only conference that matters and CTH knows this.

I have a huge problem with your #3. How can they pay that much after Les' buyout and the governor threatening to shut down LSU football because of lack of funds?

Houston isn't a mid-major anymore and would beat LSU soundly right now. They pummeled both Oklahoma and FSU in the past 12 months. Whether we want to believe it or not the Big 12 is a power five just like the SEC is and outside of Bama right now we are weaker than we have been

The threat to shut down the program was just a typical democratic politician lying and trying to scare the voters into approving tax hikes. LSU football operates without state funding so that's not an issue. The last numbers I could find stated that LSU was the 7th wealthiest program in college sports with expenses of just over 24 million and revenue over 68 million so, pratt LSU can easily out bid UH if they choose to do so. That being said there are too many possible candidates to zero in on one guy at this time

Yes there are Little. CTH will be able to fetch a tidy sum wherever he goes or if he stays put. Anyone headed to lsu had better be familiar with LA and the high level of expectIons demanded by the fan base. Miles was clean as far as I know and brought very admirable records home every yeAr. Your new coach better have his A game on or a damn good buyout clause. The sec west is a giant killer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT