ADVERTISEMENT

I really disagree with the podcast sentiment about CFB today…

Reb Talking18

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2017
Regarding QR codes and the rapidly changing landscape, I don’t disagree with the Neal or Chase very often, but I wholeheartedly disagree with them on their approach to this conversation. I think it’s the NCAA investigation that has me so cynical, but to hell with what college football used to be. All of the pageantry, tradition, and player’s perceived love for the university was always a farce. It was shady underground recruiting and selective enforcement masquerading as amateurism. Only certain schools were truly allowed to compete and it showed with how some elite programs raised hell because we signed Laremy Tunsil. It was a system that allowed a rival school to quite literally collude with the NCAA and get us punished via a player that THEY signed.

We lost countless recruits in the last minute for no apparent reason when it usually came down to our opponent offering a better resource package. Chris Jones, Jeffrey Simmons, Nakobe Dean, Cam Akers, Jaheim Oatis, Byron Young… we probably land half of those dudes in the NIL era. Just look at our roster today and tell me we could do that Pre-NIL.

Whether we win 11 games or 2 games, I’d rather it be semi professional football than the garbage that we had before. The Grove will still exist and the helmets still have the Ole Miss script. Give me transparency over all else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.