ADVERTISEMENT

If Lane leaves he is running away

jamoonster

Red-Shirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2018
from a mess that he built.

Prepare for some emotional pain. Trying to apply logic to the situation this is all I could come up with.

CLK never built this program to be sustainable. That’s not who he is and honestly doesn’t look to ever want to be. Look at the roster in its current state. 2/3 of the roster aren’t playing any snaps. 1/3 of those that are playing will be gone after this year. He knows he’s built an unsustainable model and is hitting eject with what he can salvage and bringing them to a new school where he can start fresh. He sees the massive holes in multiple positions with no one developing to fill them and lots of dead weight. Also, look at our schedule next year, it is really bad and will suck regardless of whether he is here or not. Many of you have pointed out that the foundation of this team are players Matt Luke recruited and I hate you but you’re probably right.

On the bright side Auburns gonna be in the same place as us now in 2-3 years. When he leaves for a bigger job or another reset. Lane just isn’t a program builder. I think this was has last chance to prove he is and he has failed.

Additionally, him leaving now is probably good timing. We can use the next 2 years to build experience in our youth and recruit more highschoolers with good NIL deals. We weren’t ever going to win big in the next two years with him despite my wishful thinking. Even in this NIL era you need to recruit majority high schoolers to have sustained success. Some positions are almost impossible to fill with transfers.

Best we can hope for is a good hire that we can keep long-term and get us through 2 more years of rebuild, and I think, mostly thanks to lane, we have an attractive enough of an infrastructure to get our long-term hire, settle down, and get married. (Until we’re cheated on again in 4 years). Jokes aside, he has helped build our brand more using his own and we will be better of long term nationally thanks to him.

Best of luck at your next stop lane, I’ll still follow you on Twitter.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News