ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hoping our D can

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
Make a showing sat. I'm still reeling from tcu and fl where we quit. If Connor is going to slow heal I feel sure he will stay to improve his stock and we will need him losing Brown Hilton and Elston next yr. I'm ready to be the every weekend defense of the week.

Reactions: rebmeister
Make a showing sat. I'm still reeling from tcu and fl where we quit. If Connor is going to slow heal I feel sure he will stay to improve his stock and we will need him losing Brown Hilton and Elston next yr. I'm ready to be the every weekend defense of the week.

I'm looking into my crystal ball and it says Ole Miss 36 Memphis 21. [thumb2]

Ya'll are missing one crucial point here. Memphis hasn't played anyone with a heartbeat really. Cincinnati lost to temple and barely beat Miami (OH). If we can't score 50 on Tiger High defense we don't have a prayer for the rest of the year.

I agree Pratt, the Memphis D is no better than what we witnessed with UTM.

and on top of that if our D isn't better than USF or Cincinnati then we probably aren't going to win many more games this year. Hell talent alone we are better defensively than any team on Memphis schedule to this point. Just because a team is 5-0 and put up a lot of points on $hitty teams doesn't mean they are a good team.

Reactions: Rebel46
I agree we should control this game from a talent standpoint. I expect some fire from Memphis early based on emotions but talent usually separates it self through out the game. On another note I doubt Tony Conner will return even with a slow heal. His stock is pretty high right now. I hope I am wrong but just my thoughts.

I think they solved a lot of problems with the switches they made on defense last week. Even the new faces chipped in and looked good.

You can pooh pooh all you want but this is their national championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT