ADVERTISEMENT

In desperate need for a job

Floridareb10

SEC Player of the Year
Jun 4, 2021
I’m kinda ashamed to admit this all in a public website, but I’m in desperate need for a job.
I had to move back in with my parents a few months ago, who live in Richmond, Virginia. And basically for the past year I’ve been doing Uber, which sucks.

I’m 28, went to ole miss for 4 years, majored in IMC, but never graduated, I’m like 15 hours short I think, but can’t continue with my major at ole miss.

I’m kinda stuck and don’t know what to do, I don’t think I’m particularly good at anything, aside from random sports and historical facts, and talking to people, I can hold a conversation with anyone. But that doesn’t get you very far without other skills. I’ve had probably a dozen or so interviews with various companies in sales, marketing, and logistics and haven’t landed anything.

Recently, I’ve considered a career in cybersecurity, just because I’ve always liked computers, and have always been the “tech” person at home or in my friend group. But I’m terrible at math, I struggled to pass algebra 2 in high school, and I don’t think I’d be good at programming, although I’ve never tried it.

Sorry this is very long and basically my life story. But thank you for reading.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News