ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the year that the transfer portal “bill” comes due?

DartForHei2man

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2022
Lane Kiffin has failed to develop HS talent. He’s elected to be the “portal king” which he felt would give him the best shot to win quick here and, IMO, get a bigger job. That was always a risky proposition and I’m starting to wonder if this is the year that the “bill” comes due.

QB is a transfer
RB2 is a transfer; Judkins has clearly gotten worse
WR1-4 are all transfers. Ayden Williams and Bralon Brown (Henry too) don’t see the field.
TE1-2 are transfers. Heath hasn’t take much of a step.
2 of the starting OL are transfers. One is our best OL, so no complaints there. The other is meh…reason he lost his job at UW. Pettus and James have regressed (or stagnated at best). Williams doesn’t play…why? He started over Brooks last year and he’s a professional football player now. What gives?

DL…Cedric hasn’t been developed from what I can tell. He was supposed to be really good. Z. Harris is the only HS DL that plays from what I can tell. The rest are transfers. They’re not terrible, but that entire unit and we have 1 HS dude who is worth a damn?

LB1-2 are transfers and 1 is slow as Christmas. Perkins is gonna be a star…almost like we need more dudes like him.

DBs…mostly transfers. Prince (I’ll count him) and Washington have been developed nicely (Finley last year too). Lots of transfers in the defensive backfield too.

Looking around, there’s a severe lack of HS kids that Lane has developed. If this year goes off the rails (3-3 start) I could see that becoming a major problem and answering the question about what approach (portal vs HS) is better….

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News