ADVERTISEMENT

It's really about time...

Good thing you feel that way, because "Rebels" is next, then "Ole Miss". Anything to tear down tradition and make reparations.

University of Mississippi Black Bears, black being the byword here.

Good thing you feel that way, because "Rebels" is next, then "Ole Miss". Anything to tear down tradition and make reparations.

the sooner the better. traditions that are non-inclusive or offensive need to continue to be dumped. /applaud our administration...coming from a white male alum in case it mattered to someone.

And Ole Miss, Rebels, Dixie, Colonel Reb, the Confederate Flag, etc. were never meant to be, and never should be seen as "non-inclusive" (a liberal pc worthless term). It's for those who want to embrace a certain culture of the arguably most traditional Deep South University extant. If it bothers you, go somewhere else.

But noooo.......

Anything that is tied to an outlaw, illegitimate nation that tried to preserve crimes against humanity, AKA slavery as an economic institution WILL be uprooted and ultimately changed over the long term.

Anything that is tied to an outlaw, illegitimate nation that tried to preserve crimes against humanity, AKA slavery as an economic institution WILL be uprooted and ultimately changed over the long term.
Well, if anyone would know about being illegitimate, it would be someone in Alabama..

So, any idea who your daddy is?

Reactions: Fishing123

Oh sure, in the mind of a liberal carpetbagger with a very narrow and brainwashed view of history, it's all justified. But you are right, the white guilt crowd like yourself will trash it like they do everything they touch, accomplishing nothing worthwhile, bragging about what they tore down in some misguided effort to achieve the perception they have "helped" the downtrodden black populace/community.

Useful idiots to the progressive ideology that has basically destroyed this country and its moral fabric.

But you all heard it here first: ANYTHING...

carpetbagger? born and raised in MS, sorry. I know change can be hard to accept, but welcome to the 21st century. I'm not a fan keeping remnants of a bygone era alive when those remnants may stir feelings of contempt and distrust in a large and important segment of our society. Why not adopt symbols/traditions that all students, faculty and alumni can be proud of?

carpetbagger? born and raised in MS, sorry. I know change can be hard to accept, but welcome to the 21st century. I'm not a fan keeping remnants of a bygone era alive when those remnants may stir feelings of contempt and distrust in a large and important segment of our society. Why not adopt symbols/traditions that all students, faculty and alumni can be proud of?
Speaking of carpetbaggers

If our chancellor and a d were from Mississippi we would not have these problems. Bjork should go back to Kansas where he belongs.

When I listen to Dixie and From Dixie with love I never think about slavery or anything to do with prejudice against blacks I listen to them because they are beautiful songs and they are motivating for Ole Miss football games.Whoever made this decision made the wrong call

When I listen to Dixie and From Dixie with love I never think about slavery or anything to do with prejudice against blacks I listen to them because they are beautiful songs and they are motivating for Ole Miss football games.Whoever made this decision made the wrong call
that's the problem. it's not always about you and how you feel. it requires a little empathy.

Sick of mediocrity you sound like a Hillary supporter let's made Ole Miss great again .I am an evangelical Christian who is very conservative .I think that they should have left From Dixie with love and Dixie along

We noticed you didn't deny voting for Hillary. Then again, there's no point in doing so.

Good point blindside. Traditions are more important than some groups getting bent out of shape for no reason. Only Ole Miss fans should decide what traditions should stay or go.

No it doesn't. The traditions of a fanbase are for that fanbase. They aren't supposed to make other groups feel good.

Sounds like you need a 'safe place'.
I'm guessing by "fanbase" you mean the white fans. Did you feel the same when our traditions included not admitting blacks? Or when the stadium was full of confederate flags waving? I imagine that was an alienating sight to any of the black "fanbase?" in attendance. Put yourself in their shoes and let's keep making Vaught more welcoming for everyone, not just the white Christian conservative "fanbase."

I'm guessing by "fanbase" you mean the white fans. Did you feel the same when our traditions included not admitting blacks? Or when the stadium was full of confederate flags waving? I imagine that was an alienating sight to any of the black "fanbase?" in attendance. Put yourself in their shoes and let's keep making Vaught more welcoming for everyone, not just the white Christian conservative "fanbase."
blah blah blah

Yep, you're definitely a liberal, probably a millennial as well, they are the ones that tend to fall for the 'inclusion' BS the fastest.

Maybe you should actually attend an Ole Miss game sometime. If you do, you will see plenty of black, hispanic and asian fans there. All having a good time because unlike you, they are tolerant of others.

See when you grow up, you'll learn that what liberals are selling you as 'inclusion' and 'tolerance' is actually quite divisive. There is no group in the country that's more racist, more bigoted and more intolerant of others than liberals. Notice that whenever anyone disagrees with a liberal, they immediately scream about inclusion, racism, bigotry, etc. Because they are scared to death of hearing and understanding opposing viewpoints.

That's exactly why they are about to lose the White House, despite the Republican party offering up its worst candidate in a century. This country is sick of your divisiveness.

Reactions: billywaynebama
Yep, you're definitely a liberal, probably a millennial as well, they are the ones that tend to fall for the 'inclusion' BS the fastest.

Maybe you should actually attend an Ole Miss game sometime. If you do, you will see plenty of black, hispanic and asian fans there. All having a good time because unlike you, they are tolerant of others.

See when you grow up, you'll learn that what liberals are selling you as 'inclusion' and 'tolerance' is actually quite divisive. There is no group in the country that's more racist, more bigoted and more intolerant of others than liberals. Notice that whenever anyone disagrees with a liberal, they immediately scream about inclusion, racism, bigotry, etc. Because they are scared to death of hearing and understanding opposing viewpoints.

That's exactly why they are about to lose the White House, despite the Republican party offering up its worst candidate in a century. This country is sick of your divisiveness.

Perhaps you should speak to a black student/alum/fan and see how they feel about it. But I get the feeling you couldn't care less. I don't think dropping a song about longing for the days of slavery, with roots in minstrel blackface will lead to more divisiveness, but maybe I'm wrong. But by your argument, our administration is now racist, bigoted, and intolerant for doing so? I don't follow your logic.

Perhaps you should speak to a black student/alum/fan and see how they feel about it

I have, they don't care. Do you know where the name 'Ole Miss' comes from? It was the name that slaves used to call the wife of the plantation owner. Why aren't you concerned about how using that name could subject whites to hatred and bigotry from days gone by? Why is it ok in your mind to subject whites to the same type of emotional distress that you want to save blacks from?

I have, they don't care. Do you know where the name 'Ole Miss' comes from? It was the name that slaves used to call the wife of the plantation owner. Why aren't you concerned about how using that name could subject whites to hatred and bigotry from days gone by? Why is it ok in your mind to subject whites to the same type of emotional distress that you want to save blacks from?
Why would any white person be offended by that? Slaves didn't use the term "ole missus" in a derogatory way, like they were ever in any position to do so. You're making absurd devil's-advocate hypotheticals to avoid having to make a valid point about our "racist," "bigoted" school admins and their decision to drop "Dixie."

So. You attend Ole Miss home games and conduct a survey to measure the personal feelings among Asian, African American, Hispanic fans regarding symbols and songs from the mid 19th century? You're full of sh-t.

Better call on your alter-egos billy gump and Baelish to bail you out. LMAO

That's not where the term "Ole Miss" comes from. It was a name of a train that traveled the length of Mississippi- therefore symbolically representing all of Mississippi (just like the flagship university). W.C. Handy did a song about it.

Why would any white person be offended by that? Slaves didn't use the term "ole missus" in a derogatory way, like they were ever in any position to do so. You're making absurd devil's-advocate hypotheticals to avoid having to make a valid point about our "racist," "bigoted" school admins and their decision to drop "Dixie."

So you can see how 'dixie' would offend blacks, but can't see how 'Ole Miss' would offend whites?

Sounds like you need to check your white privilege. Bigotry and racism aren't color blind.

And FYI, Ole Miss didn't drop dixie cause it offended blacks, they dropped it cause intolerant white liberals were trying to cause divisiveness in an appeal to black voters, and the school decided it wasn't worth the potential PR headache.

So. You attend Ole Miss home games and conduct a survey to measure the personal feelings among Asian, African American, Hispanic fans regarding symbols and songs from the mid 19th century? You're full of sh-t.

Better call on your alter-egos billy gump and Baelish to bail you out. LMAO

LMAO! If you weren't so full of hate for me cause I tell the truth about Ole Miss' NCAA investigation you could see that I am actually defending Ole Miss here.

But you hate the truth more than you love Ole Miss, so....LMAO!

So you can see how 'dixie' would offend blacks, but can't see how 'Ole Miss' would offend whites?

Sounds like you need to check your white privilege. Bigotry and racism aren't color blind.

And FYI, Ole Miss didn't drop dixie cause it offended blacks, they dropped it cause intolerant white liberals were trying to cause divisiveness in an appeal to black voters, and the school decided it wasn't worth the potential PR headache.

I wonder why the state of Alabama dropped "Heart of Dixie" from their car license plates? I bet you were really mad about that. LMAO

So, a nickname applied to the school by white people should now be construed as offensive...to white people? Interesting argument. I imagine you're just trolling (I really hope). I can't even follow the ridiculous conspiracy theory that followed. I hope you eventually just consider how "Dixie" alienates a lot of people, and it's really not worth clinging to.

So, a nickname applied to the school by white people should now be construed as offensive...to white people? Interesting argument. I imagine you're just trolling (I really hope). I can't even follow the ridiculous conspiracy theory that followed. I hope you eventually just consider how "Dixie" alienates a lot of people, and it's really not worth clinging to.

The term 'Ole Miss' was a slang term created by slaves to identify the wife of the plantation owner.

And no, whites shouldn't be offended by it anymore than blacks should be offended by the word 'dixie'.

BTW did you know that the republicans fought to end slavery and the democrats wanted to keep it? The same democrats that 100 years later fought for segregation and against the civil rights act. While republicans pushed for integration and the civil rights act.

Instead of trying to make reparations that don't do anything other than reopen old wounds, you might want to educate yourself on the true history of the democrats. It would probably make you switch to become a republican.

The term 'Ole Miss' was a slang term created by slaves to identify the wife of the plantation owner.

And no, whites shouldn't be offended by it anymore than blacks should be offended by the word 'dixie'.

BTW did you know that the republicans fought to end slavery and the democrats wanted to keep it? The same democrats that 100 years later fought for segregation and against the civil rights act. While republicans pushed for integration and the civil rights act.

Instead of trying to make reparations that don't do anything other than reopen old wounds, you might want to educate yourself on the true history of the democrats. It would probably make you switch to become a republican.
Sorry, but it's not up to you to decide that "Dixie" shouldn't be offensive to black people. Not sure you can be more condescending. And you may need the history lesson--the Democratic and Republican parties had a ideological transposition between the Lincoln and FDR administrations. So no, these certainly weren't the "same Democrats." You can't "reopen old wounds" until they've been closed, and we still have a ways to go. I hope you recognize this reality someday.

Sorry, but it's not up to you to decide that "Dixie" shouldn't be offensive to black people. Not sure you can be more condescending. And you may need the history lesson--the Democratic and Republican parties had a ideological transposition between the Lincoln and FDR administrations. So no, these certainly weren't the "same Democrats." You can't "reopen old wounds" until they've been closed, and we still have a ways to go. I hope you recognize this reality someday.

You beat me to it. Billyblindsidebaelish is the one in who needs an education in politics. LMAO

Sorry, but it's not up to you to decide that "Dixie" shouldn't be offensive to black people.

From the same liberal that wanted to know why whites should be offended by Ole Miss. You can't have it both ways, this is something else liberals have never understood.

As for the history lesson, yeah the fabled 'big switch' between when the democrats were racists that held down the blacks to when the republicans magically became the racists and the democrats became enlightened....never happened.

If you want a real history lesson, educate yourself on the deals that FDR cut with Southern democrats to make sure the New Deal had enough votes to pass. Many things that hurt the blacks were added that racist Southern democrats wanted that republicans opposed.

But the racist democrats had the power, and got to push through what they wanted.

Maybe you guys need to start acting toward blacks and minorities in the way that you claim to. Trump is a horrible candidate but he's right about one thing: Democrats have done nothing for blacks, except make them promises that were never kept.

From the same liberal that wanted to know why whites should be offended by Ole Miss. You can't have it both ways, this is something else liberals have never understood.

As for the history lesson, yeah the fabled 'big switch' between when the democrats were racists that held down the blacks to when the republicans magically became the racists and the democrats became enlightened....never happened.

If you want a real history lesson, educate yourself on the deals that FDR cut with Southern democrats to make sure the New Deal had enough votes to pass. Many things that hurt the blacks were added that racist Southern democrats wanted that republicans opposed.

But the racist democrats had the power, and got to push through what they wanted.

Maybe you guys need to start acting toward blacks and minorities in the way that you claim to. Trump is a horrible candidate but he's right about one thing: Democrats have done nothing for blacks, except make them promises that were never kept.
lol...can't argue with your invented reality. "History didn't happen because I said so!"

lol...can't argue with your invented reality. "History didn't happen because I said so!"

Projection. This is a trademark of liberalism, projecting its own racism onto the Republican party.

Liberals appeal to poor minorities because they need them as voters. They support open borders for the same reason.

But the problem is, if they actually HELP these minorities and the poor out and improve their lot in life, they know they will often gravitate toward the republican party because republicans champion individual freedoms and accomplishments while democrats want all voters to be slaves to the government. 'You didn't build that!'

The problem is, you can only piss on the poor for so long before they decide to turn the tables on you.

That day arrives in November.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT