ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Simmons-NCAA investigation?

Beatlesreb

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2015
Panama City, FL
How does this guy receive only a 1 game suspension after smacking his girlfriend around? I thought there were laws against that. Very little said about this guy, and I'm glad we didn't get him. NCAA, where are you?

Reactions: Fishing123
How does this guy receive only a 1 game suspension after smacking his girlfriend around? I thought there were laws against that. Very little said about this guy, and I'm glad we didn't get him. NCAA, where are you?

How in the world do you think the NCAA would be involved?

I'm not so sure, he was not enrolled or financial aid papers signed yet so the only connection he had with the NCAA was the clearing house. I look at the Simmons situation like the punishment is garbage, a one game suspension against USA is not a punishment and appears to be more like resting him after his first fall camp. 6 games would have given a better perception that they were trying to punish him or even make him red-shirt to keep his eligibility.

Reactions: Fishing123
The integrity of college football, enforcement of rules about violence a la the NFL in college sports, and look at Johnny Manziel, things that the NCAA does watch. I suggest you visit NCAA.org on this matter. He's also a college football player. Of course the NCAA is involved!

So you want to the NCAA to investigate Miss State over what is clearly a criminal matter, and want the NCAA to stay out of investigating what clearly IS an NCAA matter in Oxford.

LMAO! Okkkkaaaaaaayyyyy then.....

Reactions: ZosoDawg
So you want to the NCAA to investigate Miss State over what is clearly a criminal matter, and want the NCAA to stay out of investigating what clearly IS an NCAA matter in Oxford.

LMAO! Okkkkaaaaaaayyyyy then.....
I am NOT trying to bring MSU into this although I am an Ole Miss fan. The NCAA is not staying out of an integrity of a football program. See their website and statutes as they certainly apply to MSU. Not to mention the law-damn, where is the law? I have a feeling this guy will be playing football with little recourse.

Furthermore, I can't believe you support this guy after he beat up a woman! You're not saying that this Simmons guy is a thug, a violator of the law for doing that, and now a prospect for your wonderful Bulldogs? Damn, when Nkemdiche blew out of a window in an Atlanta motel, I knew he was a thug. Can't you admit you have the same problem? I like State, too, wished them well against NC St in your bowl. Many of my relatives went there. Blindside, really? He's not a player you won't! He's a problem!

Reactions: delta_belle_ms
Fact is, as a true freshman Simmons will have very little impact on this year's team. He'll probably be in the rotation as a third stringer. I really don't see where it makes any difference whether he sits one game or six. There's even the possibility he will redshirt. He would have redshirted at Ole Miss or Alabama.

Best way to stop these situations is to institute a rule across college sports that if a person rapes, sexually assaults or commits any other physical crime against any female he can not participate at any NCAA school. This would take the matter out of a coach's hands and make the penalty the same for everyone.

Fact is, as a true freshman Simmons will have very little impact on this year's team. He'll probably be in the rotation as a third stringer. I really don't see where it makes any difference whether he sits one game or six. There's even the possibility he will redshirt. He would have redshirted at Ole Miss or Alabama.
Fact is, he shouldn't be playing at all.

Reactions: delta_belle_ms
Haven't heard of that. Did hear about the NCAA interviewing Bo and Shy Carter about their Ole Miss will we have more or less Bama hecklers on this board after our third in a row . I have a feeling they will go to their own board for the now annual excuse making sess
Haven't heard of that. Did hear about the NCAA interviewing Bo and Shy Carter about their Ole Miss visits.
wonder if there will be more or fewer Bama trolls on this board after rebels make it 3 in a row . Have a feeling many of them will go to their own board for the now annual excuse making session .

Reactions: MadisonReb1985
wonder if there will be more or fewer Bama trolls on this board after rebels make it 3 in a row . Have a feeling many of them will go to their own board for the now annual excuse making session .
That quote feature seems to stump you too. Seems to be a problem with OM grads. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT