ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Kelly's comment on Ole Miss's play calling

Johnnyreb2

Rookie
Feb 5, 2015
In his interview at the half, he said that with Chad Kelly's arm strength and the most talented receivers in the country, why do the Ole Miss play callers call bubble screens 20 times a game. With all that talent, THROW THE BALL DOWN FIELD!!!! I for one, have the same question. It sure looks like a good idea. What do y'all think? Does anyone else agree with the all pro all american quarter back?

In his interview at the half, he said that with Chad Kelly's arm strength and the most talented receivers in the country, why do the Ole Miss play callers call bubble screens 20 times a game. With all that talent, THROW THE BALL DOWN FIELD!!!! I for one, have the same question. It sure looks like a good idea. What do y'all think? Does anyone else agree with the all pro all american quarter back?

Does our patch work O line sustain blocks long enough for receivers to complete downfield routes? That might be part of the reason.

Reactions: CrossroadsReb
I agree totally with Jim Kelly I have said that the entire season throw the ball down the field because we have so many talented receivers .

Reactions: rcox38654
Does our patch work O line sustain blocks long enough for receivers to complete downfield routes? That might be part of the reason.
Yes that is an issue, but also you can roll the qb out or use a back for extra protection. There are several ways to buy time to go down field. My point is like Jim Kelly'
s. We've got a qb with a cannon and the best receiver in college football and several others that are beasts . I'm just kind of tired of the bubble screens also. Come on man...go down the field I think is what the all pro said

Reactions: rcox38654
Then mentality behind the screens is to take the place of our running game. We don't have one so we have to find other ways to pull the defense to the line of scrimmage.

Listening between the lines of the Jim Kelly interview, it seems that the odds of Chad Kelly returning next year are slim and none.

I also felt that he was saying that his talents were being wasted in this system. If chad continues to lead the sec in passing, he might be a one and done also

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT