ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Kentucky pitching situation

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Kentucky has its own issues, with ace Cole Stupp out for the rest of the season. He "injured his forearm" against Georgia last week. I haven't seen an official diagnosis, but I assume that actually means elbow. Instead of bumping someone up, UK is staying with its rotation on Saturday and Sunday and going TBA tonight.

Maybe they go with Magdiel Cotto tonight, a left-hander who started against Arkansas two weeks ago and threw a relief inning in the midweek this week. But no clue. That's just a guess.

On Saturday and Sunday, UK is going with right-hander Darren Williams and left-hander Tyler Bosma, respectively. I'll talk more about them before their starts. Williams' only start is against Georgia, but he has a 0.40 ERA in 22 innings with 24 strikeouts and seven walks. He gave up one run on three hits in 3.1 relief innings against Arkansas and six runs on five hits against Georgia in four innings but none of those were earned. The Wildcats were horrid defensively.

Bosma has gone at least five innings in four of his five appearances this season. He threw six scoreless against Georgia and gave up two runs in 2.2 innings against Arkansas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.