ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL: Lane Kiffin PC quick hits

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Continuing prep and in a short week so maximizing the situation. Lot of work to do and unique schedule because they don’t have class either.

A lot of things are different this year. Right or wrong we game planned last week so we were ahead earlier. Also we got done
playing earlier and at home. Our bodies are in better shape. I hope they never schedule it the other way again.

We got ahead last week knowing it’s a short week. It set us on a better schedule.

We don’t alter prep as far as a new coach. It’s an interim so there’s not a big base of knowing how they manage things. It is what it is.

We know the player Rogers is. He’s pulled out games and thrown for a lot of yards. I’m sure being back last week helped him shake rust. He’s a good QB. We’re prepared to play a good QB.

I don’t know Greg Knox. Sorry. I got nothing.

We’re looking at scheme from Saturday for MSU, but I don’t know him. I don’t know much on what he does.
I think there’s danger State has house money with an interim. Sometimes it doesn’t work and sometimes kids let it go and the coach has energy and they work on motivation more than Xs and Os. You can’t change Xs and Os in two weeks. You got off emotion.

Unlike a normal rivalry, understanding the Thursday thing is different. The schedule is a challenge and you get used to it with experience. Last year was bizarre with the schedule. You have a different view of this when you lose it. We had the trophy for a couple years before last year. I hope that makes the players want to get it back more.

Nationally people understand the in-state rivalry here and the hatred in it and odd events. It’s passionate. People are familiar with it.

We have to prepare really well and play well. We don’t really build it up and do different things. We don’t worry about them being overly excited for it. A lot of guys haven’t been in this rivalry. Some teams get too excited and have penalties and do things you don’t normally do.

I haven’t noticed our players talk up the rivalry. I’m sure it’s in there, but it’s about getting ready and the weird schedule. We’re trying to get used to that.

We have a lot of negative plays in grading to the OL. It doesn’t mean it was the whole OL every time, but we didn’t play well by any means. We can get some help back injury wise and play better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News