ADVERTISEMENT

Last Rant on NCAA

rebel5890

Rotation Player
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2004
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but as I watched the massacre on Saturday, I cant help but sit in awe at the lack of shit the ncaa doesn't receive from the mainstream media. It is clear to me that they play favoritism to the powers that be. You cant convince me otherwise that bama, ohio st, Georgia, etc get a conga line of 5 stars and the moment someone else gets a few, the red flags come out. That, in of itself, is complete and utter bullshit, when its obvious to anyone with a pulse that cheating occurs at those schools, as much, if not more than the smaller institutions.

But what really gets me is that the espns of the world don't explore this hypocrisy. Imagine if you will if the nfl investigated the buffalo bills for having "too much talent"? There would be 24 hr news cycle reporting of the favoritism of nfl for pats or whoever and would be calling for the head of the commissioner. I am convinced of it. So why in the name of god is it not discussed in college football? Is it bc the people paying for coverage (espn) don't really give a shit about these mid tier programs? Someone without an agenda needs to explore this. The fact that we are not even allowed to compete on same playing field as teams within our own division is ludicrous. Does it make college football fun to watch bama steam roll 10-11 teams on their schedule every year? Or, here is an idea, they actually play a few competitive games a year and we can enjoy a decent football game.

Long rant but I am sick of this shit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News