ADVERTISEMENT

Later, guys...

fWx327.gif

I'm going to take about a month sabbatical from this board since most of you are not smart enough to ignore these yahoos who came on here just to rattle your chains. This board has become unbearable.
We will be here when you get back. Enjoy your time in...well wherever it is you people go on holiday.

Reactions: billywaynebama
Well, I am not one who posts a great deal anyway. I usually just check daily to see if there is any real news, but that is pretty much a waste of time lately. The board is full of silliness, so I am moving on as well. I am sure no one will miss me.

A note to the administers please. Your failure to control the board has compelled me to rely on others sites for information and mature discussion.

Good luck to all.

I'm going to take about a month sabbatical from this board since most of you are not smart enough to ignore these yahoos who came on here just to rattle your chains. This board has become unbearable.

It's almost been a month. Is it safe to come back yet?

Just a word of advice to those leaving the board...Pay by the year. You will save a little and won't feel so guilty taking $10 a month from your kid's allowance. Works for me. I claim the $100 as a charitable donation to ATOM and the gift just keeps on giving. BTW, GTFO.

Ok. I'm gone till this board get these trolls under control. . Deuces.

I've been gone now for 5 months

Is this board still eat up with Bama and State trolls with no rules or regulations??????

I USE TO COME HERE EVERYDAY.....THIS USE TO BE A GREAT PLACE TO COME AND TALK OLE MISS REBELS!!!!!

I'VE HAD TO FIND OTHER PLACES BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF CONTROL OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWWTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Reactions: Fishing123
I agree totally with guys about no control over this board .I have been a member about eight years but I am thinking about leaving .The administrators need to kick these these bama dudes off this board .On the old board they would have been kicked off a long time ago

I agree totally with guys about no control over this board .I have been a member about eight years but I am thinking about leaving .The administrators need to kick these these bama dudes off this board .On the old board they would have been kicked off a long time ago

Don't kick them out. I enjoy ridiculing the gumpers on a daily basis. They're not the brightest bulbs on the tree. LMAO

How dumb do you have to be to not understand the concept of an "open forum"? Is the OP too much of a poor to pay $10 a month to ensure that he can only post with his fellow Black Bears?

If you want to put your head in the sand and act like everything is all peachy then you should just hang out on the pay board. The Dawgs and the Bammers are here to tell the truth, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

There's not much going on right now so they don't bother me. When the season gets underway the State fans will disappear. Their team will suck and they'll be overdosing on Copenhagen. Most Gump fans will disappear if they win and go attack another team when they lose. If we beat Bama it'll be worth it to listen again to how lucky we were. . Beating them makes it all worthwhile.

Is this board still eat up with Bama and State trolls with no rules or regulations??????

I USE TO COME HERE EVERYDAY.....THIS USE TO BE A GREAT PLACE TO COME AND TALK OLE MISS REBELS!!!!!

I'VE HAD TO FIND OTHER PLACES BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF CONTROL OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds serious.

How dumb do you have to be to not understand the concept of an "open forum"? Is the OP too much of a poor to pay $10 a month to ensure that he can only post with his fellow Black Bears?

If you want to put your head in the sand and act like everything is all peachy then you should just hang out on the pay board. The Dawgs and the Bammers are here to tell the truth, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Sorry Freeze hurts your feelings in the Egg Bowl every year. LMAO

There's not much going on right now so they don't bother me. When the season gets underway the State fans will disappear. Their team will suck and they'll be overdosing on Copenhagen. Most Gump fans will disappear if they win and go attack another team when they lose. If we beat Bama it'll be worth it to listen again to how lucky we were. . Beating them makes it all worthwhile.
If one really wants to see ole miss as a topic, go to the state board. Talk about obsessed

Good heavens. Looks like somebody skipped their meds yesterday.

You can change that. Don't respond to any posts unless it's relevant to you. With the oncoming kickoff, things will get better.

I'd like more posts about observations on the practice field. Someone on this board must be watching and can share info. While a student, I did this. Or prospects from where you live. Just ideas to liven up this board.

Random people on an open forum get to attend practice in Oxford?
I use to. I'd go down to the practice field, watch Bill Smith launch punts, see Tony Bennett and Willie Green as well. Met Coach Brewer as he was watching me on the field-"Fine, just don't get hurt" he remarked as I snapped to Smith. Not sure what the policy is now, but then, it was easy. Hell, I even got tickets from Bryan Owens, our kicker back then. Friend of mine as a student. Hoping someone out there has observed high school prospects, or attended practice on campus. If you know something, contribute to this board in an effort to make it more exciting.

I agree Baelish, this forum should stay as open as your momma's bedroom door. I mean the man you call Dada is anything but, however, continue to call him that if it makes you feel better. Please stay now that I think about it. I always did like the clowns at the circus.
Between the purple font and sophomoric humor, there's no way you're more than 12 years old.

I agree Baelish, this forum should stay as open as your momma's bedroom door. I mean the man you call Dada is anything but, however, continue to call him that if it makes you feel better. Please stay now that I think about it. I always did like the clowns at the circus.
Was that comment necessary? We need to attract fans and posters, not piss them off! Why don't you get this?

Sorry, one too many beers. Beer plus boredom = stupidity. I need to avoid getting down on their level.
Right, slack up a little. I drink a few, too. Consider, though, fans of other schools are watching on and are above your level when you drink. Offer something pertinent, without BS against some MSU or Alabama fan. We are becoming so banal and contrived. I'd like to hear something about practice, predictions on the FSU game, or reflections about past or present football players. If you know about the NCAA investigation, so state it.

Right, slack up a little. I drink a few, too. Consider, though, fans of other schools are watching on and are above your level when you drink. Offer something pertinent, without BS against some MSU or Alabama fan. We are becoming so banal and contrived. I'd like to hear something about practice, predictions on the FSU game, or reflections about past or present football players. If you know about the NCAA investigation, so state it.

Here's some pertinent. LMAO

10357516_820456058004687_4595916258337410024_n.jpg

saban-crying.png

I'm not sure how I ended up on this board….. but this thread is a masterpiece.
Thing of beauty in an effort to get those affiliated with the Ole Miss football team, heard something on radio (Finebaum or McKinney), and anticipated predictions on games, and the willingness to offer what they know. Instead it's about accusing each other about BS in shallow conversation. We can do better.

Thing of beauty in an effort to get those affiliated with the Ole Miss football team, heard something on radio (Finebaum or McKinney), and anticipated predictions on games, and the willingness to offer what they know. Instead it's about accusing each other about BS in shallow conversation. We can do better.

Welcome to the internet, Larry.

Welcome to the internet, Larry.
Thanks Lyman. An effort to be specific on what needs to be posted to liven up this board. Guess it back fired. Banal conversation and cheap shots are not exciting. Not attributed to the internet-just those who are bored, drunk, or ambivalent. Kinda scary. As the season approaches, hopefully it'll be much better. My prediction-Ole Miss 31 FSU 20. They underestimated both Kelly and our defensive line.

Last edited:

The NCAA’s protracted investigation of Mississippi has taken a new twist within the last month – investigators have interviewed players at two or more rival Southeastern Conference schools about their recruitment by the Rebels, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports.

NCAA Enforcement representatives have visited Auburn and Mississippi State, and perhaps at least one more SEC Western Division school, this summer to speak with players who were recruited by Ole Miss. The players were granted immunity from potential NCAA sanctions in exchange for truthful accounts of their recruitment, sources said.

Those interviews indicate that the NCAA investigation has expanded beyond the spring focus on former All-American offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil.

OIe Miss officials declined comment other than to say the school is continuing to cooperate with the NCAA during the investigation. The NCAA, citing longstanding policy, declined comment as well.

Mississippi has been under investigation for years, and in late January was charged with 28 violations in three sports – 13 of them in football, with the rest coming in women’s basketball and track and field. Nine of those alleged violations occurred during the tenure of current coach Hugh Freeze, who has a 34-18 record in four seasons in Oxford.

View photos Hugh Freeze is 34-18 in four seasons as the Rebels’ coach. (Getty)
The investigation was near an end when a new issue erupted in April on the first night of the NFL draft: star offensive tackle Tunsil’s social media accounts were hacked, releasing an alleged text exchange between Tunsil and Ole Miss director of football operations John Miller. In the texts, Tunsil on two separate occasions asks Miller for money – once ostensibly for his rent, and once for his mother’s $305 utility bill. In one of the exchanges, Miller directs Tunsil to assistant athletics director for high school and junior college relations Barney Farrar.

ESPN reported in May that the text messages are real, citing sources, but that the school is investigating whether the messages were altered in any way.

Tunsil already was named in many of the major violations alleged in the January Notice of Allegations, relating to his use of numerous loaner vehicles and impermissible benefits received by his stepfather, Lindsey Miller. In its response to that notice, the university is not disputing the veracity of those NCAA allegations but has questioned the severity of the charges.

This latest development in the ongoing investigation could be a distraction for the Ole Miss coaching staff, which is preparing the No. 11-ranked Rebels for a Labor Day night season opener against No. 4 Florida State in Orlando. With an amended Notice of Allegations still to come from the NCAA, the process is far from over and is unlikely to be completed through the Committee on Infractions ruling until sometime in 2017.

Just want to check in real quick.

It's now been 6 months and the trolls are still running this message board.....

I will go back to my 2nd choice message board that had rules and enforce them until this board grows some nuts and runs the rats out of our house....

Hotty Toddy...

Reactions: J. Lyman Stone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT