ADVERTISEMENT

Latest JGT update on the bunker lol

borekc

Sophomore Contributer
Gold Member
Nov 8, 2014
Good evening, everyone.

It’s been an interesting 24 hours. Lane Kiffin was expected to be the Tigers’ next coach, but an 11th-hour change of heart led him to say he’s staying at Ole Miss. That took people at Auburn by surprise. It happens.

So what happened next?

Essentially everyone within the Important People Bloc either was really fired up or relatively fired up about Kiffin. Auburn, as far as that goes, was on the same Page. Then Kiffin said no and things have gotten a little weird. The consensus is gone. There is no clear path forward that lacks resistance. I think the Hugh Freeze stuff was overrated insofar as he wasn’t close to an offer. He’s in the mix. There are other guys in the mix, but there’s just no consensus. The blocs are back to their usual positions … opposite each other and not really working together.

I know what you’re thinking. JABA, right? J.A.B.A.

We’ll just have to see how this thing unfolds. I believe that John Cohen understands the stakes here. He understands the dynamics on the Auburn side. Can he pick a guy whom Auburn (in a general sense) can rally behind with some measure of consensus? The clock is ticking.

I’m not going to throw out names right now. I’m hearing a bunch and I don‘t know what I can trust.

We will update you as conditions merit.

Thank you for subscribing to AuburnSports.com. Have a great night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News