ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk about our defense

jprebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Chase and everyone seem focused on the offensive line. I’m going to assume we improve there because holy hell, if we wasted this much offensive talent by bad personnel decisions upfront what a disappointment it will be.

I don’t think enough emphasis is being put on how bad our defense looked last week.

I keep hearing Chase say that Brown (OPI) catch was one play that decided the game. Have we forgot about the tipped pass that otherwise a wide open KY TE would have been running for miles?

The same Kentucky team that couldn’t score a single TD in SEC play moved the ball consistently against our defense. Their QB couldn’t complete a pass vs USC and suddenly looked competent. Dane Key is the only balanced WR on KY’s roster and he was running wide open the first half.

I saw numerous KY guys open with our guys being out of position…and when we are in position we are picking up PI’s.

Our D-line looks solid but I saw a hell of a lot to be concerned about last week. Kentucky is not a good offensive football team.

Hope we didn’t over invest in the line at the expense of the secondary.

I’ll say it, I think Golding got out coached last week and Lane seemed to have too much confidence in that unit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.