ADVERTISEMENT

Lindsey "Fat Boy" Miller and his advisers are not too bright

AMPWOODY

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2012
1 of 4 motives is in play here for Laremy Tunsil's, hereinafter referred to a LT, step dad, hereinafter referred to as Fat Boy, to go to the media with the allegations that he is making against LT and potentially OM.

Motive #1. Fat Boy has a genuine concern for LT and fears that the sports agents and OM have been and are exploiting his step son's athletic abilities and his love and affection for LT and LT's mom just won't allow this injustice to continue. Obviously this choice is bullshit because Fat Boy's allegations, if he could prove them, would be hurtful to LT.

Motive #2. Fat Boy is butt hurt that LT is about to become a multi millionaire and LT and his mom have made the decision that Fat Boy will not be around when the checks start rolling in. Once Fat Boy realized that he wasn't part of the future plans a game of high stakes poker ensued. Fat Boy, either on his own or at the advice of others, decided to threaten LT and his mom with media exposure if he wasn't compensated for his silence. LT and mom called his bluff. Here is where Fat Boy and/or his advisers made a critical strategic mistake. He/they decided to threaten and then to ultimately go public in July. From a leverage standpoint, they couldn't have picked a worse time than early July. It's still 2 months until the season starts, 7 months until NSD and about 10 months until the NFL draft. If I'm advising Fat Boy on his caper I would have had him stay cool and continue the dialog (negotiations) until about 1 week before NSD when he could potentially hurt OM recruiting with a tell all interview with Rosebowl, Blevins, Brian Williams, ESPN etc. The other more opportunistic time would have been right before the draft (start a fight and charge LT with domestic violence). At least at those points he has something to bargain (threaten) with. Once his hand is exposed he is assured that there will not be a payoff from LT.

Motive #3. MSU-Bama "fans" are funding Fat Boy's media tour. Again, same strategic error as in #2. Let's just say MSU finally found a "talking" whore that would bed down with them for cash. Why wouldn't they wait and spring their superstar on the public at a more advantageous time, say right before NSD? I don't believe they thought it through and they were dealing with a leech that wanted the money right now.

Motive #4. No real motive here, Fat Boy just isn't playing with a full deck.

IMO, #2 is the most obvious scenario. I only wish that LT/mom would put a wire on and have another meeting with Fat Boy. With the right coaching of LT/mom, Fat Boy will hang himself, be charged with extortion and pay a visit to the county jail where he belongs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News