ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like our friend Ghost was right, Neal McCready says the NCAA hammer is coming

TheGhostOfMatchesMalone

Four-Star Prospect
Jan 30, 2016
"Anyway, while I find some of the guesses about NCAA penalties to be amusing (how can anyone know what the penalties will be when the NCAA hasn’t even heard the university’s response?), I do anticipate Ole Miss is going to get hit fairly hard when the penalties come down.

Why? Common sense. Here’s the deal: The NCAA has been digging on Ole Miss since 2013. For more than three years, investigators have been performing a veritable colonoscopy on Hugh Freeze’s program. The following is just my opinion, so take that for what it’s worth:

The NCAA believes Ole Miss cheated. However, the NCAA can’t prove Ole Miss cheated. The lack of evidence of said cheating hasn’t changed the opinion of the NCAA that Ole Miss’ 2013 recruiting class was too good to be true. So while the NCAA isn’t going to be able to hammer Ole Miss for sexy charges like pay-for-play on the recruiting trail, there are serious charges in the notice of allegations that gives the NCAA the ability to severely punish Ole Miss.

The NCAA has always crucified academic fraud, and the Saunders-related charges are serious. Laremy Tunsil served a seven-game suspension but I won’t be remotely surprised if the NCAA determines that’s not enough of a punishment for his receiving extra benefits."

Hey ghost why do you think that you know so much about this situation on ole miss?

NCAA cleared Tunsil to return to play after serving a 7 game suspension that by rule is a 4 game suspension. No clue what they are going to do about Saunders and would only expect them to firmly punish any wrongdoing Ole Miss had to do with his bullshit. Rumor is that there were 3 tied to the allegations of academic fraud 2 of which ended up being kicked off the team at some point prior to play, not sure if that will lessen the punishment.

Just passing on what I saw. Very surprised this hasn't been discussed here already. Still wondering why Ole Miss won't release the NOA if there's nothing to it...

As am I, but at this point the outcome is either going to make Bjork and co. look like a genius or complete idiots.

"Anyway, while I find some of the guesses about NCAA penalties to be amusing (how can anyone know what the penalties will be when the NCAA hasn’t even heard the university’s response?), I do anticipate Ole Miss is going to get hit fairly hard when the penalties come down.

Why? Common sense. Here’s the deal: The NCAA has been digging on Ole Miss since 2013. For more than three years, investigators have been performing a veritable colonoscopy on Hugh Freeze’s program. The following is just my opinion, so take that for what it’s worth:

The NCAA believes Ole Miss cheated. However, the NCAA can’t prove Ole Miss cheated. The lack of evidence of said cheating hasn’t changed the opinion of the NCAA that Ole Miss’ 2013 recruiting class was too good to be true. So while the NCAA isn’t going to be able to hammer Ole Miss for sexy charges like pay-for-play on the recruiting trail, there are serious charges in the notice of allegations that gives the NCAA the ability to severely punish Ole Miss.

The NCAA has always crucified academic fraud, and the Saunders-related charges are serious. Laremy Tunsil served a seven-game suspension but I won’t be remotely surprised if the NCAA determines that’s not enough of a punishment for his receiving extra benefits."

“One of the other parties to the NCAA Notice of Allegations has requested and received a 30-day extension to respond to the notice.”

"Wagons are starting to circle is what I am hearing...as are buzzards."

Who are you hearing from? "The other Parties"?

“Just passing on what I saw. “

Exactly what did you see and where did you see it?

“Very surprised this hasn't been discussed here already.”

What NM discussed in the podcast that I listen to was something like ~12 scholarships over ~3 years, ~4-6 OM is holding now. Hardly what you described or “what I saw. “ ?

Still wondering why Ole Miss won't release the NOA if there's nothing to it...”

“Upon the completion of the 30-day extension period, the University will release our full Response to the Notice of Allegations.”

Why would Ole Miss release the NOA without the full response?

“Laremy Tunsil served a seven-game suspension but I won’t be remotely surprised if the NCAA determines that’s not enough of a punishment for his receiving extra benefits."

NM and many others have stated that the “book” is closed on Tunsil. Are you just a surprising sort?

So you take McReadys "guess" about this situation to be fact? Dumb.

An intelligent, well thought out Post, based entirely on empirical evidence.

Bill Wayne what year did you graduate from the University of Alabama?

What a credit you must be to the University.

Lol

So I take it you disagree with me? Or do you just not like the message being delivered?

So you take McReadys "guess" about this situation to be fact? Dumb.

McCready works for this site and is a huge OM homer, just like you and NorthRanger. Some in the MS media have selectively been clued in on what's really happening in this case and that's why you are suddenly seeing more realistic tempering of what's coming.

Course your friend Ghost told everyone here this was coming a year ago, and no one believed it.

Reactions: RobertWillBeaRebel
Lol

So I take it you disagree with me? Or do you just not like the message being delivered?
Lol

Billy Wayne, the issue is not my agreeance with your message because your message, unless otherwise provided a foundation, is only supported with the matter that gets underfoot in a cow pasture which you have, from all indications, manifested yourself with.

When did you graduate from the University of Alabama??

It is apparent, to all, you are Alumnus of the Year material!

It would be truly a tragedy for you not to be awarded this honor!

Last edited:
McCready works for this site and is a huge OM homer, just like you and NorthRanger. Some in the MS media have selectively been clued in on what's really happening in this case and that's why you are suddenly seeing more realistic tempering of what's coming.

Course your friend Ghost told everyone here this was coming a year ago, and no one believed it.

"McCready works for this site and is a huge OM homer, just like you and NorthRanger."

Please provide instances of NM being a "homer",

"Some in the MS media have selectively been clued in on what's really happening in this case and that's why you are suddenly seeing more realistic tempering of what's coming."

Please provide the name(s) of the members of the MS media that have been "clued in" and those who have "clued" them "in" and give the instances that a more "realistic tempering" of what is to come.

"Course your friend Ghost told everyone here this was coming a year ago, and no one believed it."

Ghost, the only thing you have told us, because nothing you have said can be support by anything remotely resembling a fact and you cannot answer the most basis of questions regarding your Posts, is that you, like Billy Wayne, have manifested yourselves with the matter that gets underfoot in a cow pasture while suffering from a conditions know as Cranial Inversion of the Anal Cavity.

Billy Wayne, the issue is not my agreeance with your message because your message, unless otherwise provided a foundation, is only supported with the matter that gets underfoot in a cow pasture which you have, from all indications, manifested yourself with.

When did you graduate from the University of Alabama??

It is apparent, to all, you are Alumnus of the Year material!

It would be truly a tragedy for you not to be awarded this honor!
That's a nice evasive and flowery response you just posted, with plenty of GRE sounding words sprinkled in to impress the simpletons in the crowd. However, I'm still waiting on your answer...

"McCready works for this site and is a huge OM homer, just like you and NorthRanger."

Please provide instances of NM being a "homer",

"Some in the MS media have selectively been clued in on what's really happening in this case and that's why you are suddenly seeing more realistic tempering of what's coming."

Please provide the name(s) of the members of the MS media that have been "clued in" and those who have "clued" them "in" and give the instances that a more "realistic tempering" of what is to come.

"Course your friend Ghost told everyone here this was coming a year ago, and no one believed it."

Ghost, the only thing you have told us, because nothing you have said can be support by anything remotely resembling a fact and you cannot answer the most basis of questions regarding your Posts, is that you, like Billy Wayne, have manifested yourselves with the matter that gets underfoot in a cow pasture while suffering from a conditions know as Cranial Inversion of the Anal Cavity.

You're confused, so let me clarity: I'm not here to convince you that Ole Miss is in trouble. I would never waste my time trying to convince a homer to see their team objectively.

You can either believe me, or not. I was right a year ago, and I continue to be right today.

If you don't want to accept the truth, that's on you.

"I'm not here to convince you that Ole Miss is in trouble."

Then what are you here for?

I would never waste my time trying to convince a homer to see their team objectively.

Then why are you on this Board?
Are you just wasting your time because you certainly cannot support anything you are saying, this being the case, why would even the biggest Homer believe you?

I was right a year ago, and I continue to be right today.

Right about what? Please explain in a factual content.

How is it that what you say and only what you say, which is totally unsupported, in and of itself the truth? Please explain. According, what is there to accept? Please explain.

Last edited:
That's a nice evasive and flowery response you just posted, with plenty of GRE sounding words sprinkled in to impress the simpletons in the crowd. However, I'm still waiting on your answer...

Billy Wayne,

It is good that you spoke of simpletons, obliviously there is a bit of self-parity here for you.

So let's try again.

I like most reasonable minded, educated people are not going to immediately agree with statements, conclusions or what have you that are not supported or have some foundation in facts. Such is the case here, apparently you lack a keen sense for the obvious.

Billy Wayne, why should I or anyone else agree with your statement(s)?

Please explain.

If you are not believably what relevance can you message possible have?

Please explain.

You have been asked for facts and you choose not to provide any to support what you are saying and have not answered the question, though posed now multiple times, as to when you graduated from the University of Alabama.

When did you?

Last edited:
"I'm not here to convince you that Ole Miss is in trouble."

Then what are you here for?

I was right a year ago, and I continue to be right today.

Right about what? Please explain in factual content.

How is it that what you say and only what you say, which is totally unsupported, in and of itself the truth? Please explain. According, what is there to accept? Please explain.

You don't have to accept anything.

A year ago I was here telling you Rebs that this case was going to be bad news for Ole Miss. I was told nothing would happen.

Then Tunsil was suspended after I was told nothing would happen.

I told the Rebs here that the suspension would be longer than 3 games, and they said I was crazy, had bad info.

Then the suspension was stretched to 7 games and I told them more was coming. I was called more names.

Then Ole Miss received a NOA after I was told the Tunsil suspension was the end of it.

Then Texas cans Chris Vaughn after they learn about what's going on in the Ole Miss investigation, that I was told was going no where.

And so it goes..

I like most reasonable minded, educated people are not going to immediately agree with statements, conclusions or what have you that are not supported or have some foundation in facts. Such is the case here, apparently you lack a keen sense for the obvious.

Then why are you curiously quiet when your fellow OM fans spin here that this case is going no where and there's no cause for concern? Clearly there is, but when OM fans make statements and conclusions that aren't supported by facts, you are curiously silent.

So it's not that you will challenge a statement if it's not supported by facts, it's that you will challenge a statement that isn't what you want to hear.

IOW, you're a homer. Nothing wrong with being a homer, but that whole spiel you just gave about being reasonable-minded on this matter is complete BS.

Then why are you curiously quiet when your fellow OM fans spin here that this case is going no where and there's no cause for concern? Clearly there is, but when OM fans make statements and conclusions that aren't supported by facts, you are curiously silent.

So it's not that you will challenge a statement if it's not supported by facts, it's that you will challenge a statement that isn't what you want to hear.

IOW, you're a homer. Nothing wrong with being a homer, but that whole spiel you just gave about being reasonable-minded on this matter is complete BS.

Then why are you curiously quiet when your fellow OM fans spin here that this case is going no where and there's no cause for concern?

If you cannot give a factual basis, which you have not been able to, about why we should be concerned, then what is the relevance of "curiously quiet"?

Clearly there is, but when OM fans make statements and conclusions that aren't supported by facts, you are curiously silent.

You have been unable give a factual basis of what "Clearly there is"? See above

Why would anyone want to hear something that is not bases on facts, you have provided none here.
Would not concerning oneself with untruths be a waste of time?

So one is not being fair-minded or in this case a Homer when one wants to have a conclusion based on facts?

Last edited:
You don't have to accept anything.

A year ago I was here telling you Rebs that this case was going to be bad news for Ole Miss. I was told nothing would happen.

I told the Rebs here that the suspension would be longer than 3 games, and they said I was crazy, had bad info.

Then the suspension was stretched to 7 games and I told them more was coming. I was called more names.

Then Ole Miss received a NOA after I was told the Tunsil suspension was the end of it.

Then Texas cans Chris Vaughn after they learn about what's going on in the Ole Miss investigation, that I was told was going no where.

And so it goes..

Where did you get your information to support the notion that this was going to be bad?

Who told you?

I told the Rebs here that the suspension would be longer than 3 games, and they said I was crazy, had bad info. Then the suspension was stretched to 7 games and I told them more was coming. I was called more names.

When and how did you tell the Rebs, where did you get this information about "more was coming"? Who is "They" and "Them"

Then Texas cans Chris Vaughn after they learn about what's going on in the Ole Miss investigation, that I was told was going no where.And so it goes..[/QUOTE]

"I was told the Tunsil suspension was the end" who told you?

Ghost do not flatter yourself, no person in their right mind would accept anything you post.

Obviously there was terrible omission in the Books of Prophecy at the First Council of Nicaea in 325 AD when the Book of The Ghost Of Matches Malone was not adopted in to the Bible.

Ghost, there is nothing here that you have said that makes you some sort of Bob Woodward and/or Carl Bernstein. Who is your "deep throat”.

The investigation was widely known and had been going on since 2013.

The Saunders matter came about as a result of the ULL NCAA investigation.

In the Tunsil situation the NCAA analog punishments were ~6 games, it ended up being 7.

Again why are you on this Board? Please Explain?

Last edited:

Let's see...an Ole Miss fan and alum posting on an Ole Miss board...yeah, I guess you could call me a homer. That looks like the only thing you've gotten correct in any of your posts. Mostly your 3rd grade tauntings and nonsensical childishness are not worthy of being responded to because normal adults can't quite get down to such a low, simple-minded level ~ so I won't respond anymore. I'll just laugh at your foolishness.

72reb, I have spent some time, which has been quite entertaining, in just asking basis questions in which these two idiots have make themselves out to be total and absolute fools.

Billy Wayne, God bless his sweet little heart, AKA Billy the Simpleton, the Village idiot, does not get the inside joke, a Dawg Whistle to the rest of us, about "when did you graduate from the University of Alabama?" what a Dumb A$$.

And Ghost who can't explain why he is on this Board posting total BS. Did he have some type of "Road to Damascus" experience with our Lord Jesus and he has been directed to this Board?

Is it fair to say when he is not posting here is he on the UFO Hotline with his Tin-foil Hat ?

Yep, lets just laugh at their foolishness!!

Last edited:
And Ghost who can't explain why he is on this Board posting total BS.

The only thing I've posted here is the words of your own Rebel mod, who agrees with your pal Ghost that Ole Miss is going to get hammered. Are you saying he is total BS?

And I also posted that Laremy Tunsil is being sued again by his stepfather, which is completely factual as well.

You are the typical homer that doesn't want to hear that your beloved program and coach cheated. Sorry, but the NCAA disagrees. You should have listened to your pal Ghost when you had the chance, as this is just the beginning.

The only thing I've posted here is the words of your own Rebel mod, who agrees with your pal Ghost that Ole Miss is going to get hammered. Are you saying he is total BS?

And I also posted that Laremy Tunsil is being sued again by his stepfather, which is completely factual as well.

You are the typical homer that doesn't want to hear that your beloved program and coach cheated. Sorry, but the NCAA disagrees. You should have listened to your pal Ghost when you had the chance, as this is just the beginning.

Who is the Rebel mod and where did he say it?

Yes, no one disputes the Law-Suit, but you added that the NCAA was still talking to Tunsil. You were asked where you were getting this information and you refused to answer. Typical idiot with the Tin-Foil Hat, just verbal diarrhea of the mouth.

You are the typical homer that doesn't want to hear that your beloved program and coach cheated. Sorry, but the NCAA disagrees.

Where is the factual evidence that the current program/staff has cheated?

Where is the factual evidence that the NCAA disagrees?

“So one is not being fair-minded or in this case a Homer when one wants to have a conclusion based on facts?”

“Let's see...an Ole Miss fan and alum posting on an Ole Miss board...yeah, I guess you could call me a homer. That looks like the only thing you've gotten correct in any of your posts. Mostly your 3rd grade tauntings and nonsensical childishness are not worthy of being responded to because normal adults can't quite get down to such a low, simple-minded level ~ so I won't respond anymore. I'll just laugh at your foolishness.”

You should have listened to your pal Ghost when you had the chance, as this is just the beginning.

What is the benefit to listening to a fool i.e. you Ghost?

Again, why are you on this Board?

Last edited:
Billy Wayne, God bless his sweet little heart, AKA Billy the Simpleton, the Village idiot, does not get the inside joke, a Dawg Whistle to the rest of us, about "when did you graduate from the University of Alabama?" what a Dumb A$$.

And Ghost who can't explain why he is on this Board posting total BS. Did he have some type of "Road to Damascus" experience with our Lord Jesus and he has been directed to this Board?

Is it fair to say when he is not posting here is he on the UFO Hotline with his Tin-foil Hat ?

Yep, lets just laugh at their foolishness!!

@HKellenbergerCL: Laremy Tunsil asked if he took money from a coach. "I'd have to say yeah."

Fairly certain they can prove there was some cheating going on after tonight.

Lol. You guys are screwed.

giphy.gif

Reactions: jacksoj

What Ole Miss may or may not have done pales by comparison to what UNC did but the Tarheels will only get a slap on the wrist.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT