ADVERTISEMENT

LSU game

TylerRebel

Red-Shirt Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2005
Trust me when I tell you the players and coach feel a whole worse than you do. Keep in mind they had worked all week in preparation for this game. It sucks to lose. It is suppose to. Do I think we can achieve the playoffs? No. Coach Kiffin and his staff have got to win the game that are important. It is the only way for Lane to cement his legacy has a great coach. Now Coach Kiffin did say something in his post conference that is true. This fan base before his arrival was satisfied with 8 - 4 or 9 - 2 and going to a good new years day bowl. This year a majority of Rebels were pumped about making the playoffs. Do I think we are making it? No. I don't think with 2 losses we will make it. Arkansas and Georgia will be tough. We are playing to make a new years day 6 bowl. My disappoint in the game are several. 1. the O line had in my opion a terrible game. Dart getting sacked 6 time was terrible. Now, some of that was on him. He has to pick up the blitz and check to another play that works. For some reason, we haven't been able to block short yardage plays. We got stuffed several times and that just should not happen. It is man on man. Or it should be blocked differently so it works. 2. Dart hasn't been the same since the Kentucky game. Dart doesn't go through his progressions. He locks on Tre or Jordan and that is it. Why aren't we using slants, crossing routes, post patterns. We should have eaten LSU up on the short passing game . 3. I was disapponted in the defense as far a pressure on Nussmeir. Never got one sack. They chose to rush 4 and drop 7. I'm a big believer in time or delayed blitzes. 4. I wish our offense would go back to be the attack offense we have been in the past. Now, I think the coaches are going back to the drawing board and hopefully win out. By the way, understand the reason other schools and people talk about Kiffin leaving is two reasons: 1. they don't want Kiffin at Ole Miss because they want us to be just Ole Miss and they know he is a good coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.