ADVERTISEMENT

Moral/Ethical Question

dawsonreb

Five-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2016
Apparently, someone at my work had a wedding shower. I didn't go and really didn't know anything about it. Today in my work mailbox is a thank you note for some "glass storage containers" that I was given credit for giving. I most certainly did not even think about giving a gift. I'm not that guy. Should I correct tell the person that I didn't give the gift or should I just move on and throw the thank you note away and essentially take credit? For context, I'm a coach at a high school with roughly 50 employees, so obviously coaches are too oblivious to know anything about who is getting married in the school. Also if I were to give a gift it would be a hell of a lot better than "glass storage containers".

Edit- I'm tagging @Chase Parham in this because I think there is an episode of How I Met Your Mother that relates to this.

Edit 2 - Mystery Solved!!!! I went back through my emails and saw an email where my PLC leader asked if we wanted to go in on a gift. I apparently sent her $10 to contribute to the gift. Crisis averted, but it was still fun to see all of the suggestions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.