ADVERTISEMENT

My Coaching Hot Board IF, IF, IF, Lane Leaves

Dub Junior

Four-Star Prospect
Nov 16, 2019
Who do we hire? And don't tell me he won't get a phone call. As much as we love what he has done in the last 3 years here, I know this is a business. I also know that Lane knows that he could easily make a 12 team playoff with their resources.

He will get a phone call and he will HAVE to tell them no. But, I am not going to fret like I did last year. If he spurns his daughters wishes to stay here, this is where I HOPE we go with our first 3 phone calls.

1. John Sumrall - He makes the most sense of all the candidates here. He is young and a great recruiter, just like Pete Golding. However, he is a proven winner at HC in the South. He is 20-4 at Troy and has only lost to a ranked Kansas State team and a JMU team that is undefeated and likely to be in the CFP ranking this week. I also know for a FACT that he would come to Ole Miss over Mississippi State if offered, which is why I believe he will take a while to give them an answer.

2. Pete Golding - He is here. He is a good coach. He is a great recruiter. I have a feeling he would field a competent offensive staff. I also have a feeling Charlie Weis would remain with him if Lane were to leave to prove that he could do this on his own without Lane's shadow.

Dark Horse (and why not)!

1. Luke Fickell- He entertained coming here last year amd I was humblwd by that. Fickell is a family man and Oxford is a great plave for a guy with a large, young family.

He is in his first year at Wisconsin and his buyout is $8 million. I dont know if we can afford his buyout. I also don't know if he is a home run hire, but we will remain a relevant program with the new SEC schedule. He is a proven winner and Ole Miss is a MUCH better job than Wisconsin. If Kiffin leaves, Keith should shoot his shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News