ADVERTISEMENT

My goals vs Kent State

cabritt27

All-Pro NFL
Jul 12, 2015
Last week at this time I warned you all that an ass whipping was coming no matter how well we played(it came) That JT and the offensive line needed to toe the line against a very good opponent and play like they belong(they did not). And that the defensive line, even if it wasn’t going to really show vs a superior opponent, needed to grab their sacks and start playing like men(they played better than the first two games, imo). Link to that post here. https://olemiss.forums.rivals.com/threads/my-goals-for-tomorrow.184836/

There are a few different things to look for this week.

Defensive line-need to continue to improve the work rate and effort. In fact, they need to dominate this game. I expect big games from several of these including Jones Coatney Robinson and Evans.

Linebackers- young guys should start looking more competent as they get their feet wet. Still, they will make serious mistakes and it’ll be ok.

Defensive backs- injuries has this unit becoming very worrisome. The big thing is that someone we don’t know about unexpectedly steps up and becomes a contributor. There is a gamer in that group that doesn’t practice well but will show out unexpectedly. Who’s it gonna be?

The offense is fine. We need to take care of the football this week, put up 200 plus on the ground, finish drives, and put this team in position to give Corral an entire half of playing time.

I really expect this team to have a complete and dominant performance tomorrow that will inspire some optimism in the fan base. We will see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News