ADVERTISEMENT

My take on Kellenberger on the podcast

REBELTAXMAN

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2002
1. He knows more than he is divulging. IMO.....a lot more. A couple of times he started to say something and then stopped himself. Kellenberger is a smart guy. Many on this site hate him, but Ole Miss fans have always hated their CL beat writer. If he was still the beat writer I don't know that he takes the same approach as Blevins (would have been a good question), but he definitely puts something out there.

2. People are quick to jump on Riley, but you can bet your ass that he's not putting anything out there without several people rubber stamping the work. He's probably being encouraged to do so. I'm not a black helicopter guy so I don't think the CL is out to get Ole Miss. I do think they are very confident in their story and are willing to ride it out. That kinda leads me back to my previous point in that I think there are going to be some not so pleasant things emerge and the CL is holding on to their source. IMO that would have to mean that someone at the CL has seen some sort of proof of recruiting shenanigans that would overcompensate for a really shitty source. Kellenberger himself kinda put that out there as a possible scenario when he referenced Shapiro.

Perhaps I'm reading too deep into this, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.