ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament

pickledpanda

Second Team QB
Feb 11, 2007
Ole Miss is going to have to win out these next 3 games to have a chance.

At LSU is HUGE! Lose it...you are out...MUST win the SEC Tourny.

Win at LSU...big big help...at 'Bama is no easy win especially a mid-week game.

Win out you should be in...regardless of the SEC Tourny performance. History somewhat shows...conference tourny performances as meaningless unless you win it all.

Go 2-1...you guys need to win the SEC bid.

Originally posted by pickledpanda:
Ole Miss is going to have to win out these next 3 games to have a chance.

At LSU is HUGE! Lose it...you are out...MUST win the SEC Tourny.

Win at LSU...big big help...at 'Bama is no easy win especially a mid-week game.

Win out you should be in...regardless of the SEC Tourny performance. History somewhat shows...conference tourny performances as meaningless unless you win it all.

Go 2-1...you guys need to win the SEC bid.
You're full of more sh*t than a Christmas goose.

ole miss has lost 2 games the last 2 months

I disagree. With 4 games at least left in the season. I believe that if they finish 2 and 2 they are in. I think your opinion is more wishful thinking than on fact.

Somebody doesn't follow bball. The most important games are Alabama and Vandy to avoid bad losses. Rebs go 0-4 they are probably out. If they go 2-2 they are probably in.

Panda,
It's so unfair that you put this kind of pressure on the team. It's hard enough to compete and win in this conference, and now they have to deal with this. You have singlehandedly sealed the fate of an entire university and its fan base. Oh, what a powerful person you are.

Ole Miss beats Bama and Vandy and wins their 1st game at SEC, and they're in.....They beat LSU, and Bama and Vandy, and they're a lock w/o the SEC tourney

Summers needs to find a permanent spot on the bench. He sucks this year. Can't even hit a free throw.

'Bama is 17-12. Ole Miss is 19-10. Explain to me how people are "concerned" that if they lose this game..it is a "bad loss".

Vandy is 17-12. Ole Miss is 19-10. Explain to me how people are "concerned" that if they lose this game..it is a "bad loss".

Losing a game to a team in which you are only 2 game better than, does not constitute a bad loss.

Ole Miss already has TWO VERY BAD LOSSES in Char. So. AND in Western Kentucky.

This may be the weakest the SEC has been in basketball over the last 10 years.

If you do not win out...including the SEC Tourny...you will have at least 11 losses.

It will be difficult to get an 11 loss SEC team in the NCAA.

I love the positive thinking of this fan base. Nothing gets in the way...facts...bad losses...y'all think you are going to the NCAA.

Well...you guys can host a few NIT games...that would be sweet.

How much longer does AK get?

This will be AK's 9th year. In his previous 8 years...he has ONE NCAA appearance.

In his previous 8 years...his SEC record is 67-65.

In his previous 8 years...he has 2 seasons with a above .500 SEC record.

Seriously...as a fan base...you are OK with him?

Kennedy is a great coach. He's done wonders even though we have the worst basketball facilities in the SEC and we have no boosters to pay for recruits. His job is secure at Ole Miss. Ole Miss has more SEC wins than any other program in the SEC except Kentucky and Florida during Kennedy's tenure. I love it when opposing fans want us to get rid of our coach. Shows he's doing something right. I hope State keeps Rick Ray. Kennedy will keep us competitive. We won't win any N/cS with him but we'll always be competitive. Kennedy has over achieved this year. I didn't see any way we'd be .500 in the SEC.

This post was edited on 3/1 7:24 AM by ranchreb

Yeah this year was much better than expected give AK had to go on a scavenger personnel hunt. He's done admirably. Unfortunately to impact the tourney you must have at least 2 consistent guys and 4-5 others who can play well in spurts at least. I give him a B for just playing above 500.

ranchreb and zreb...thank you for keeping this thread about Basketball and not deflecting like the majority of the Ole Miss fan base on this website.

ranchreb...sorry for being passive-aggressive and using you as an example but...your statement of "Ole Miss has more SEC wins than any other program in the SEC except Kentucky and Florida during Kennedy's tenure" simply is not true and shows that Ole Miss fans on this website throw out "statements" not "opinion" that simply are not true.

The first 2 teams I thought of right after reading you statement was Vandy and Tenn. AK as of today stands at 77 SEC wins. Vandy during the same time period has 78 wins. Close..but no cigar.

Tenn...as of today...has 85 SEC wins during AK's tenure of 77 wins...not even close.

After researching Vandy and Tenn I stopped...there may be even more SEC schools with better SEC records than Ole Miss since AK was hired.

So ranchreb, your statement is INCORRECT. But it is ok...you fall in line with the rest of the Ole Miss fan base in regards to spewing "facts" that are simply just WRONG.

I am a basketball fan. Do not spin my negative comments about AK into a positive by saying he must be doing something "right" if rival teams want him gone. Please.

Regarding Football and Baseball...the State and Ole Miss fan base seem to have the same expectations.

Basketball...I think we are way off. Assuming Ole Miss gets in the NCAA this year...that will make 2 NCAA appearances during AK's 9 year tenure.

The Ole Miss fan base is satisfied with that?

Different fan base expectations regarding Basketball.

I am glad to see Ole Miss finally ponying up some dough for basketball facilities. As is the case with Football...there are some very solid Basketball players in the state of Mississippi...let's keep those kids in state when they go to college.

PickledMSUtroll,
Who do think you're fooling? You accuse UM fans of "deflecting" when your posts are nothing but mindless rants against Ole Miss.

This post was edited on 3/2 8:50 AM by Johnnyreb2

This post was edited on 3/2 9:55 AM by Johnnyreb2

This post was edited on 3/2 10:02 AM by Johnnyreb2

Kennedy is 6-6 against Tennessee and 5-6 vs Vandy with a game at home Saturday night.

'Bama is 17-12. Ole Miss is 19-10. Explain to me how people are "concerned" that if they lose this game..it is a "bad loss".

Vandy is 17-12. Ole Miss is 19-10. Explain to me how people are "concerned" that if they lose this game..it is a "bad loss".

Losing a game to a team in which you are only 2 game better than, does not constitute a bad loss.

By that logic, Charl. So.(19-10) and Western Ky(18-10) are not "bad losses" either. Are you saying the the win loss record is how you consider a "bad" loss. Rpi, Bpi and strength of schedule factor in to what the selection committee considers a good or bad loss. i.e. Losing to Mississippi State would be a "bad" loss because of the poor record as well as RPI, BPI ect. Does that help?

Kennedy has won more games after coaching 9 years in the SEC than any coach except for Donovan and Rupp.

Your facts about Kennedy are correct but you've named the wrong Kentucky coach. He trails Donovan and Joe b. Hall

This post was edited on 3/3 9:36 PM by Johnnyreb2

You're correct. I'd bet he's won more games than Wooden did his first 9 years at UCLA. Kennedy has as many 20 win seasons as Ole Miss did the previous 80 years before he came to Ole Miss.

Originally posted by pickledpanda:

This may be the weakest the SEC has been in basketball over the last 10 years.

If you do not win out...including the SEC Tourny...you will have at least 11 losses.

It will be difficult to get an 11 loss SEC team in the NCAA.

I love the positive thinking of this fan base. Nothing gets in the way...facts...bad losses...y'all think you are going to the NCAA.

Well...you guys can host a few NIT games...that would be sweet.

How much longer does AK get?

This will be AK's 9th year. In his previous 8 years...he has ONE NCAA appearance.

In his previous 8 years...his SEC record is 67-65.

In his previous 8 years...he has 2 seasons with a above .500 SEC record.

Seriously...as a fan base...you are OK with him?

So much for your "facts", Pickleface. Ole Miss received an invite to the Dance.
laugh.r191677.gif

Bracketology according to such an unbiased opinion. Do you think he has enough balls to show his opinion now. He showed up after every Ole Miss loss. He is waiting for the next loss to show up again.

That clown won't show his face on here until we lose again, and even then he will have a hard time with his ignorant flaming since we made the NCAA field, which is continually insisted we wouldn't. Hopefully we can put together a good few games and make a little run, but regardless it is a success to make it in with this team, despite the late-season struggles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT