ADVERTISEMENT

NFL player turned away from French restaurant for ridiculous green Gucci outfit, now he’s whining about it online…

kukuku

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jun 20, 2005
I kind of get where he's coming from because I have the exact same green Gucci suit that I wear all the time. It's comfortable and bad ass. I always get compliments when I wear it.

An NFL player says he was denied entry into an Atlanta restaurant earlier this week due to his attire, according to reports.

Atlanta Falcons defensive end Grady Jarrett claimed that Le Bilboquet, a French restaurant located in Buckhead, turned him away on Wednesday in a now-deleted Instagram post, WSB-TV reported.

According to the report, the football player was donning a casual Gucci tracksuit worth thousand of dollars and a tennis chain when the incident happened.

The outlet noted that in his post Jarrett said other people inside the establishment were dressed in T-shirts and sweatsuits. A photo of Jarrett's outfit was shared on Twitter by WSB-TV reporter Audrey Washington.

"It wasn't a good feeling," Jarrett told the outlet.

According to Le Bilboquet's policies, athletic and beach attire, sweatpants, baseball caps, cut denim, and flip flops are prohibited.

"You ever see someone working [out] in a full Gucci suit?" Jarett said, per WXIA-TV. "I'm an athlete."

In a statement to CBS46, the restaurant stood by its dress code policy but apologized to guests they had previously turned away. According to reports, former Atlanta Hawks player Dominque Wilkins was denied entry last year.

"Our dress code (which clearly states that athletic wear is not allowed) is posted at our door, online and reiterated by our reservation team. Last spring, we relaxed our dress code to accommodate Atlanta's more casual environment and required all staff members to undergo extensive sensitivity training," the statement said, per the outlet.

The statement continued: "We never want to turn away guests, but we must treat all guests equally by providing a standard for everyone who wishes to dine with us. Our apologies to anyone who has ever been turned away."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News