ADVERTISEMENT

Non OM.. Non Sports.. Talk About Spooky Occurrences...

wpman1

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2002
I was browsing through some trivial posts on Google News earlier and saw a bit about Mama Cass Elliot's daughter publishing a book about her mother's death in 1974.

For you RGers too young to know, Cass Elliot was the lead singer for the 60s group, The Mamas and the Papas... whose hits included "California Dreamin", "Monday, Monday", and "Dedicated to the One I Love".. They are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Anyway, Mama Elliot, while having an amazing voice, was very obese just about all her life. She had also been an abuser of LSD and heroin.. She died in 1974 in London after performing two shows in one night. She was found dead in bed with a ham sandwich on the nightstand next to the bed. The rumor for years was that she choked to death while eating the sandwich. She actually died of heart failure at age 32.

I remember reading and hearing about the death at the time..

Now the spooky part......

As I searched for material related to Mama Cass's death, I came across an article that mention former Who drummer Keith Moon.

Moon was one of the most prominent rock drummers of all time. He died of a prescription pill overdose in 1978 in London..

Ahh, just two unrelated deaths of rock and roll legends four years apart in London, England.....

But nooooooo.

Both rock legends died in the same bed.... in the same room... in the same apartment flat owned by American musician Harry Nilsson...

Believing the flat was cursed, Nilsson sold the flat to Moon's Who bandmate, guitarist Pete Townshend...

I can't tell you why the same bed stayed in that flat for so many years. The flat wasn't a regular residence, but more like a short term hotel room that was unoccupied for stretches of time..

Nilsson let his musical friends use the flat during their London engagements.. A lot of stars stayed there.. Two of them died there in the same bed in the same room..

I suspect that bed ended up at the bottom of some landfill.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News