ADVERTISEMENT

Not a Conspiracy—Predators at the door in NC

warrior10lax1

Starting Ole Miss Quarterback
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
I own a couple of Real Estate firms in the Carolinas and we’ve been absolutely inundated with calls about predatory offer to purchase contracts. Guess who’s behind it, mining and drilling companies. People in the mountains are literally being offered pennies on the dollar for their homes with extremely aggressive tactics. I had an 80 year old lady call me today, in hysterics, about a contract she had signed for the sale of her home. It was a home valued over 500k, we had done a refinance for her a few months ago and she had signed a contract for 37k to purchase the property. We’ve received calls all day about it since last week; our main office in Charlotte had to turn off our phone lines because of how frequently we were getting calls. It’s not much but I offered to contest a lot of these contracts on the basis of duress, coercion, etc. called the agents listed on the contracts, and saw the same 4-6 names on all these agreements. I do a little LinkedIn digging, all the agents had either worked for or were still employed with Albemarle Corporation or Piedmont Lithium as “land procurement/A&D” agents. Been working with a couple of attorneys with way bigger name recognition on alerting the Attorney General and Mark Robinson (personal issues aside, dude has fought for North Carolinians). I don’t know how much of the conspiracies are true/fabricated but there is something very concerning going on in the Piedmont and mountains of North Carolina. I get that after a natural disaster, the land poachers come out but this is clearly a concerted effort on behalf of the mining corporations to steal peoples land; it’s not the typical investor looking to make a quick buck off people’s misery. It’s truly disgusting and these people have no way to communicate with each other or warn about predatory purchasing. Most of the people I’ve spoken with had to go to a neighbors or somewhere that had starlink access to get any outside communication.

I find it extremely disconcerting that the *ssclown governor, Roy Cooper and FEMA have denied the deployment of Starlink equipment for Carolinian’s. It’s all just too convenient, the amount of coordination between these federal agencies, NC governmental officials, and the mining organizations. It’s almost information overload with no clear answers. Keep these folks in your prayers, they need every prayer and resource they can get.

I’ll get off my soapbox now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.