ADVERTISEMENT

Note to Carter

Well let me ask you this. If we win every game from today on and then lose the last game of the super regional on an error, you would fire him? To me that's irrational. We have way better than average teams every year and most always have a shot. We don't want coach Dan as we just got through beating him, so who would solve this perceived problem. Just saying'

Well let me ask you this. If we win every game from today on and then lose the last game of the super regional on an error, you would fire him? To me that's irrational. We have way better than average teams every year and most always have a shot. We don't want coach Dan as we just got through beating him, so who would solve this perceived problem. Just saying'
So how long of an extension would you give him? It seems like when his job is in doubt he coaches better.

I think he coaches better when we have better teams than we are playing;<) I saw where Jacks St beat Louisville last week. I know Dan is everyone's dream coach but CMB whipped him too. That said they could likely beat us 2-3 next week. Both very good teams. I am not familiar with coaches contracts, but I've always liked the incentive idea with bonus's for certain acheivements. I would like to see a clause for no performance that would let us out of forward years if we lost x% of our games, but then, I presume they are in on the non con scheduling and we wouldnt be likely to play some of the best out of the sec. The sec is tough enough in baseball as it is. That all said I think a 3 year extension is reasonable with performance clause. If we fire him because he didnt go to Omaha every year, who would step into his job knowing it's Omaha or the door? Again, just sayin'.

Until he is consistently making the college world series 1 out of 4 years he's failing because he has all the tools to succeed.

Reactions: HightowerReb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT