ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss Chancellor not renewed

Surely Dan Jones would endorse her. And there is something to be said for continuity

Re: Ranch - what's the scoop on this?

The egos on both sides are too big. Jones has admitted that about himself. I and many people agree about Jones being a major cause of bad publicity for Ole Miss. He has mishandled many situations that ended up bringing more embarrassment on Ole Miss. I believe a compromise is going to take place that enables Jones to remain as Chancellor.

Wm Winter is working a reinstatement as we speak. Now we will see what a dictateship is really like with no means ever to control . I know the big liberal givers will Ante up but they will lose too. Prepare for "we are MOT Ole Miss" to be quick to follow. I am ashamed of how we do business. "Behind closed doors" at my alma Mater. Sad commentRy but CHF gets to use the university jet ! Yee haw ! Honor is not with us.

Dirty back room deals are rolling !

Lawd! The butt hurt over here is mighty entertaining. Classic example of counting those chickens before they hatch.

very disappointing...so close to nailing this guy and he wiggles off the hook

even if he agrees to two years, he can do a lot of damage in two years

this will just embolden him further...you can kiss "ole miss" and "rebels" good bye

and Bjork and Freeze seem to be pretty much lapdogs.....libs win, I lose

so anyone looking for two in the South Cub

Originally posted by em6126:
very disappointing...so close to nailing this guy and he wiggles off the hook

even if he agrees to two years, he can do a lot of damage in two years

this will just embolden him further...you can kiss "ole miss" and "rebels" good bye

and Bjork and Freeze seem to be pretty much lapdogs.....libs win, I lose

so anyone looking for two in the South Cub
Take your blinders off and look past "Ole Miss" and "rebels", which are NOT in jeopardy, as you see it.

Can someone please expound on all the myriad ways that Jones has "embarrassed Ole Miss" and the "damage" he has inflicted in his tenure? Try to make these objective failures, if possible. Examples such as Black bear and FDWL do not really apply as the majority of fans and alumni agree with those decisions. If you are able to do this, then clearly you know more than the IHL, who still has yet to provide a legitimate reason for dismissing him. I realize that the results at the Oxford campus are not in question, but there is still no concrete reasoning provided about UMMC either.

As for his offer rejection...who in their right mind would take this offer!?

IHL: You're fired in 6 months
DJ: Why?
IHL: no good reason
DJ: Well that's silly, I would like to keep my job.
IHL: Okay you can stay. But you're fired in 2 years and you have to publicly apologize to us.
DJ: ....

This post was edited on 3/27 11:33 AM by jdpa333

jones has been a public relations disaster for OM. Living outside Mississippi, the only news about OM is about protests and arrests on Ole Miss camps during jones tenure.

OM will always be under close scrutiny for any news involving race, regardless of who is chancellor. Things like protesting Obama's election and hanging a noose on the Meredith statue are just indicators that a) there are still some (albeit a minority) racist and ignorant students and b) the press will eat up any story that they can use to remind everyone of OM's past.

If anything Jones has taken steps to alleviate that by trying to distance the school from certain traditions/symbols that detract from our progress without sacrificing positive elements of the school's history.

Jones is looking for a new job.

http://wreg.com/2015/03/27/ole-miss-chancellor-dan-jones-speaks-out-about-contract-negotiations/

jones brings more disgrace to OM:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-charged-noose-left-integration-statue-ole-miss-29958416

"This shameful and ignorant act is an insult to all Americans and a violation of our most strongly-held values," Attorney General Eric Holder said... "By taking appropriate action to hold wrongdoers accountable, the Department of Justice is sending a clear message that flagrant infringements of our historic civil rights will not go unnoticed or unpunished."

"It has taken time, but the process has worked and I'm confident justice will be done," Ole Miss Chancellor Dan Jones said in a statement Friday.

Originally posted by lp4Rebs:
jones brings more disgrace to OM:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-charged-noose-left-integration-statue-ole-miss-29958416

"This shameful and ignorant act is an insult to all Americans and a violation of our most strongly-held values," Attorney General Eric Holder said... "By taking appropriate action to hold wrongdoers accountable, the Department of Justice is sending a clear message that flagrant infringements of our historic civil rights will not go unnoticed or unpunished."

"It has taken time, but the process has worked and I'm confident justice will be done," Ole Miss Chancellor Dan Jones said in a statement Friday.

I guess I missed it...From your post, where's the "disgrace" you claim Dan Jones brought to Ole Miss? I see none, here.

Rather than minimizing the damage

As poor judgement,(I'm betting alcohol related ) he has to make a federal case of it. With that kind of leadership, it does need to end. Unless the whole fraternity is a branch of the KKK their removal was over reactionary . You don't burn down a barn to get rid of the rats anymore than you fire the whole adminstration over the actions of the chancellor. He undoubtedly surpasses Gerald turner in self adoration.

This post was edited on 3/28 3:02 PM by zreb

Re: Rather than minimizing the damage

Rather than minimizing the damage
zreb posted on 3/28/2015...
As poor judgement,he has to make a federal case of it.

If they don't get rid of jones soon, he and holder will turn Oxford into another Ferguson.

Jones and his clowns have certainly turned it into a circus. The alumni assn sent some stupid statement out as well which was unwise IMHO. The souls only have Ole Miss in their sights.

We don't need a juvenile like jones in charge at OM.

http://msbusiness.com/blog/2015/03/30/bill-crawford-dan-jones-not-the-angel-his-is-portrayed-to-be/

Re: I was on the fence, now Jones needs to go.

I'm sure it's not easy living in ox right now but he needs to leave without further adieu. We have a monster on our hands.

Jones has forgotten the role of the university is to teach(that's what the IHL board wants) and Jones wants the University of Mississippi to be the new leader in pushing Mississippi to the Democratic Party. there is no movement by the IHL board to take the medical school away from Ole Miss. So far I'd say more people I know here want Jones out than want him to stay.

This post was edited on 3/31 9:32 AM by ranchreb

jones will do anything he can to continue his hostile occupation of OM including inciting racial conflicts.

Hopefully any future employers

Are taking good notes on him. Lete know if you see him at the jobs fair there in campus this week.

His over reaction in the Meredith incident is plainer than the nose on your face. That should have need defused but no he had to holler for more roper playing into media's hands . A child could have handled that better. Sure reprimand the doers but total overkill on the rest of the bs . That's not the sole reason he should go but it typifies his ego for attention and love for media attention even if negative for om.

Originally posted by TheRebels'Advocate:
Originally posted by lp4Rebs:
jones will do anything he can to continue his hostile occupation of OM including inciting racial conflicts.
Please give the details of when, where and why Dan Jones ever incited racial conflicts. Good luck.
Don't hold your breath expecting a response from this one. He's already been banned from the OM Spirit free board for making the same ridiculous and stupid claims there.

What do you believe constituted an overreaction in this case? I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't live in Oxford so maybe I don't know the full story.

Do you think the reaction to the frat party chant at Oklahoma was an overreaction as well?

zreb posted on 3/31/2015...
His over reaction in the Meredith incident is plainer than the nose on your face. That should have need defused but no he had to holler for more roper playing into media's hands . A child could have handled that better. Sure reprimand the doers but total overkill on the rest of the bs . That's not the sole reason he should go but it typifies his ego for attention and love for media attention even if negative for om.

Exactly, zReb.

Originally posted by zreb:
Overreaction? What should Jones have done? Pretend it didn't happen? Downplay the incident? Sweep it under the rug? The media would have a field day with that because that's what they would EXPECT Ole Miss (and the state of MS) to do, when considering it's past. You're worried about negative attention? Sweep it under the rug and see how fast Sharpton is in Oxford leading the charge.

Jones did the right thing and directly addressed the incident letting the world know there is zero tolerance for the type behavior. Please join us in the 21st century.

Re: A Partial List of Racial Incidents

That's quite a list...Which one(s) did Dan Jones incite? I'll pick one...Was it the incident of students yelling racial slurs while "protesting" Obama's re election? How was this incited by Jones? At this point I starting to believe that you're being deliberately obtuse with your reasoning. Trolling?

Re: A Partial List of Racial Incidents

Originally posted by TheRebels'Advocate:
That's quite a list...Which one(s) did Dan Jones incite? I'll pick one...Was it the incident of students yelling racial slurs while "protesting" Obama's re election? How was this incited by Jones? At this point I starting to believe that you're being deliberately obtuse with your reasoning. Trolling?
Give him enough time and he'll blame Chancellor Jones for the deteriorating state of race relations in the entire state of Mississippi. He did on the Spirit free board.

Never mind, no sense talking to a post . Matbe he shod have called in the national guard, you'd like that!

It only labeled some drunkass kids for life, that's all. Was it dumb? Sure, but not expulsion. A university says they want all open minds but it's act sully only open to their way . Hypocrisy r them. You can chastise them but that's it. They didn't speak for the university so what dumbasses thought they did?

It only labeled some drunkass kids for life, that's all. Was it dumb? Sure, but not expulsion. A university says they want all open minds but it's act sully only open to their way . Hypocrisy r them. You can chastise them but that's it. They didn't speak for the university so what dumbasses thought they did?
It doesn't surprise me that you've chosen to side with an intellectual and mental deficient, considering ^^THIS^^ response.

rolleyes.r191677.gif

Put the blame where it belongs...These students labeled themselves when they committed these repugnant acts and you find fault with the university.

I would love to hear your perspective on the Oklahoma incident...Using your logic, the president of the University of OK should have done nothing more than chastise the SAE's because, although they were singing a racist song, the frat does not speak for the university. SMH

Go sip your kool aid like a nice mindless minion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT