ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss losing streak reaches 27 SEC games/matches in a row…..

wallstreetrebel

Second Team QB
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2004
I realize everyone is still basking in the euphoria of our holding off Arkansas to keep our basketball coach, but seemingly lost in the news cycle is the absolutely horrible results our sports teams are turning in this Spring. Yesterday, we lost to Arkansas 7-4 in baseball and to Alabama 5-1 in softball. Today we lost to Tennessee 5-2 in men’s tennis and to UGA 4-0 in women’s tennis amd to Alabama 5-1 in softball. Those results concluded a second straight 0-10 weekend for those four programs in SEC action.

The baseball team is currently on a seven-game losing streak, softball is on a nine-game losing streak, men’s tennis is on a seven-match losing streak, and women’s tennis is on a four--match losing streak. So taken together, we have lost 27 straight SEC games/matches and all four programs have losing SEC records, with their combined SEC record standing at 12-38.

It was not long ago when the norm was for all four of those programs to make the NCAA Tournament. Currently, I doubt any of them will, which will probably be the first time this century and may be the first time since the 1980s or so-at least before Billy Chadwick.

I read on here again and again how Keith Carter is the greatest AD in Ole Miss history, but only two programs will have a winning SEC record this year, football and women’s basketball. Soccer, men’s basketball, and volleyball have already missed the NCAA Tournament, while the four spring programs appear very likely to follow, which would be the third year in a row for women’s tennis-they probably actually have the best shot to make the Tourney-and the second year in a row for baseball.

Now I realize that our golf and track teams, which just do tournaments, are better than our baseball, softball, and two tennis programs, but still our overall sports are really reaching new lows this year. Again, football is the savior, and I could not be more excited about our prospects there, but shouldn’t an Athletic Dept be judged at least somewhat by how all the sports programs perform? If not, who is responsible? Does anybody care?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News