ADVERTISEMENT

OMG again. I just realized DJ James was the guy who got beat on the jump ball…

MizunoMP-33

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2005
Hate to keep focusing on this but WTF were they doing? DJ is a transfer from Oregon and a very good cornerback. He’s listed at 6’1 165 so you can figure out how big he really is.
Why is he on the field? Why do you put small guys in the end zone to defend a jump ball? And he’s the guy (along with the other small guy in the opposite side - Milroy probably threw it yo the wrong corner but it worked anyway) who you put in single coverage?
I just don’t understand the way coaches think. I’m no coach, but there is no f’n way anybody under 6’3“ is in that e zone on that final pass if I was a coach. Well except for Tre Harris if I was at OM, he’s 6’2“ but he plays 6’3” minimum. And the ball never gets snapped unless Prieskorn and Harris are sitting back there. Heck, Hudson Wolfe too. And any other big WR we have.
I get it that AU doesn’t have big WRs and I have no idea about their TE situation, but damn man, the smallest guys on your team aren’t standing back in that end zone, and they damn sure aren’t the ones in single coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News