ADVERTISEMENT

One thing I know, every business and construction owner in Oxford should be giving to the Grove Collective….

wallstreetrebel

Second Team QB
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2004
I drove around Oxford Lafayette County today while listening to Neal and Chase’s podcast and I have never seen as much residential construction in this area. On the high end, Grand Oaks looks like it is opening up new areas in two directions, as all their existing lots are sold.

There are numerous apartment/condo complexes going up on South Lamar past the old hospital. It looks to be three projects in various stages, much of which will probably be online by next fall for the expected increase in student enrollment. All of those would empty onto Old Taylor Road-they really probably need to expand that road, it was never built with so much traffic in mind.

There is a large amount of both commercial and residential construction in Oxford Commons. There is also more residential housing at the Lamar off North Lamar. And there appears to be a lot going on where Hwy 30 connects with North Lamar, although 3 acres for $2.9 million seems absurd. Then there is another section of Old Oaks and more subdivisions on Woodson Ridge where land has been cleared. There may be a lot more, those are just the areas I saw today. Needless to say, OUL Is growing right now like it never has in my many years.

With interest rates already soaring, I would think a lot of local developers could be in trouble if we lose Lane. I would guess there’s well over $100 million (that could be way low) of new construction between all the Oxford/Lafayette projects ongoing, not to mention probably $200 million of construction on campus. These guys behind all these projects should be pouring money into the NIL if they don’t want to be left holding the bag if Lane departs. If Walker is smart, I would be calling every local developer and business, as they should be coming in at high levels since it’s all tax deductible for them. We all want Lane to stay, but IMHO they need him to stay for their livelihoods.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News