ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ask RG child support in welfare situations

TOMNOLENREB

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2001
Brentwood, TN
Hoping someone on here can provide some info. My wife and I are going to visit a single mother we have been helping for some time now. Very long story that started out as a mentorship for a 13 year old girl 11 years ago. She resides in Indiana; we moved out of IN 6 years ago, but have continued the support / mentorship from afar. Of late, the requests for support have gotten way excessive thus requiring a trip to figure out what is going on. To the best of my knowledge, both parents are on govt assistance and the a child’s father doesn’t work and provides zero support. I have more to learn today about the current situation, but trying to be as prepared as possible.

Question: A couple that isn’t married has a kid, both parents are on welfare, parents don’t live together, father has a judgement for child support and isn’t paying and isn’t working. Mother doesn’t appear to have worked 200 hours all year. Tons or work in the town, so not working is a choice. Assuming the above is correct, is it possible to for the mother to garnish the father’s welfare payments for child support?

Planning to work through the ladies budget so we can at least understand the gap. I’m about 95% certain we have provided more financial support this year than the mother and father have earned themselves, so today is to determine if we have become compete enablers…which I am biased right now to think we have. Should be a fun day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.