OT: Family road trip musings - first leg

pcrebel

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
We drove from Memphis to Pigeon Forge. Here are a few observations:
1. Neyland Stadium is huge but looks old
2. Buc-ees is ridiculous. Huge and amazing.
3. If you want to feel better about being overweight, come to East Tennessee. Holy cow. These people make the folks in Memphis and North Mississippi look like we are in shape.
4. This place is like a tourist trap with a nice mountain view. We ate at Guy Fieri’s place last night because of the arcade for the kiddo. It was pretty tasty but every table in our section had something wrong with their meals.
5. Smokey Mountain trash is a different breed than Mississippi River and Delta trash. I mean there was an older dude walking through the restaurant with a walking stick and a sleeveless button down shirt unbuttoned. And none of the staff said anything to him. We first saw him as we were taken to our table. Then I saw him again an hour later as we were about to leave. He was walking around with his shirt unbuttoned and mumbling to himself or maybe me as I walked by. I don’t know. He looked like he was the age of a grandpa.
6. What is up with all the cannabis dispensaries? Did they legalize weed in Tennessee and not tell us in Memphis? Not that it would change the smell driving down Poplar or walking through Kroger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News