ADVERTISEMENT

ot: interesting turn in an unsolved hit and run at overton square in memphis

grovedreamin

All-Pro NFL
Feb 2, 2008
this might not be interesting to anyone outside of memphis but this was tragic when it happened last year...as of today no arrests have been made but the family of the deceased has filed a civil suit against who they believe killed their son...he was crossing madison in midtown headed towards molly's when he was run over by mustang that fled the scene...here is the original story:

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/lo...ollowing-hit-run-in-midtown-memphis/661723697

there was speculation at the time that a locally famous car dealer might have had something to do with it - mark goodfellow...owner of "its all good auto sales"....if you live here you know who im talking about....hes flamboyant and, lets just say, he knows his audience:

maxresdefault.jpg

sddefault.jpg

which leads us to the civil suit filed last week...the family has reason to believe it was his daughter joanna goodfellow that ran over their son and that her brother jonathon, who also owns a used car lot in south memphis, helped hide/destroy the car....these guys:

NL-8pg5y_400x400.jpg

WV1iJWqZ.jpg

and to make it even more interesting, it is alleged in the suit that a city employee leaked info to them about warrants about to be executed on their lots by the police so that they could relocate the car used in the hit and run...the suit alleges the girl called her brother several times immediately after the accident and that she called another person to meet her at target to buy a car cover because she had "hit a deer"...the family's attorneys apparently have the phone records of the woman the girl called to meet her at target and she might be a cooperating witness based on what they seem to know - the duration of the call, the purpose of the call, etc...the suit claims the police have both the dated receipt for the cover and the cover itself...

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/lo...dly-2017-hit-run-in-overton-square/1001392396

Civil Lawsuit Filed Accusing Cover-Up In Deadly 2017 Hit & Run Near Overton Square
By: Brad Broders
Posted: Mar 01, 2018 05:16 PM CST

Updated: Mar 02, 2018 05:34 PM CST

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (localmemphis.com) - There are new developments in a deadly hit and run near Overton Square one year ago. Christopher Phillips’ parents have filed a civil wrongful death lawsuit.

To be clear, Memphis Police have not arrested or charged anyone in this case, but attorneys who filed this civil lawsuit contend the driver, her brother, and several others, including an unnamed city of Memphis employee, covered up the deadly hit-and-run.

32-year-old Phillips died after being hit crossing Madison and Morrison near Overton Square in February 2017. A little more than a year later, his family is seeking justice through a civil wrongful death lawsuit.

The 19-page lawsuit contends Joanna Goodfellow was the driver who hit Phillips then slowed briefly before taking off from the scene at a high rate of speed. The suit also contends Joanna Goodfellow, her brother Jonathan, and five unnamed “John Does” devised a scheme to drive the car to a Memphis car lot in order to conceal the car.

The lawsuit says someone leaked to the Goodfellows that there were warrants before Memphis Police officers could execute them, which the lawsuit contends allows the defendants to hide the car elsewhere.

The lawsuit also argues one of the “John Does” is a city of Memphis employee, and that the defendants engaged in a civil conspiracy to unlawfully conceal and destroy physical evidence to impede the investigation.

A Memphis attorney not tied to the case told Local 24 its relatively common for civil wrongful death lawsuits to be filed before any criminal charges are filed.

For its part, the city of Memphis says it won't respond to such a unspecific allegation. We reached out to both the lead attorney and Phillips’ parents, but didn’t hear back.

Jonathan Goodfellow reached out Friday morning with a statement saying, "I am 100 percent completely innocent of these allegations." He sent a second statement adding, “I strongly Deny the allegations against me. They are all false statements against me. I would NEVER be involved with anything criminally.”

READ THE LAWSUIT HERE.

again, this might be totally uninteresting to some but it reads like a future dateline nbc to me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News